Broadworks

DontLiveInMeath

Is anyone else having problems with Broadworks for their tv reception? I have tried to contact them on several occasions and now, almost 1 moth later, am still awainting an engineer to sort it!!
Does anyone know if we can get Chorus NTL yet?

Please help!!!

Beechfield RA

Broadworks communications which have been providing cable tv exclusively (deal done with Menolly ) to Beechfield since the estate was built seem to have run into trouble. According to reports another company (UPC )will be acquiring their assets shortly.

Unfortunately Broadworks collapse may lead to lost jobs but a better service and picture will be provided to the residents of Beechfield. UPC will be able to offer our estate its triple-play services of TV, phone and broadband. This will also result in less satellite dishes throughout the estate.

Follow these links for more details

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/upc-finalising-deal-for-broadworks-assets-2099229.html

http://www.upc.ie/

Ari gold

Was down yesterday alright hopefully will return but with broadworks gone they wont be doing any maintenace. No correspondance from NTL as of yet about moving into the area, I suspect the cabling will need upgrading especially for internet/telephone.

The amount of satellite dishes in the estate is amazing too considering its illegal to put one on the fascade of the building this seems to be over looked

FunkyDude

It looks like we have NTL in the estate as of yesterday.
Broadworks 30+ channels have been replaced with 18 channels (at different frequencies). The new channels are better quality, and have stereo sound, and are the same as advertised on UPC's website (under analogue channels).
also an NTL representive called to my house yesterday (I wasn't home - so they left a calling card).
Also - NTL vans were working in the estate yesterday evening.

Ari gold

Was an efficient swap over alright, have a sky box for the additional freeview stations so not missing out. No more free sky sports though :(

scirl

I called up UPC today based on the leaflet they sent out. Apparently Broadworks equipment was stolen from Allendale. Convienently UPC are offering an upgrade to Digital service from tomorrow, Saturday. hmmm.

FunkyDude

NTL were going around door to door yesterday offering a free digital upgrade - it includes a hard disk recorder. Full service will be available from Tuesday, including 30MB broadband.
monthly cost of basic digial service is exactly the same as the analogue service (except it includes an extra 20 odd channels).

So basicly it costs nothing - great - no complaints about that.

I'll be getting the full package, and Eircom can stick their line rental
Its bye bye to Sky too !!!

scirl

Cheers!
Well, not sure if I want to go with NTL. Don't they have the worst customer service ever?
What is Sky like?

I guess they are the only two choices?