Clamping being introduced in Beech Park in April 2013

Robert_devine

Hi everyone,

I received a letter today from the management company stating that they are about to implement clamping across the development limiting spaces to 3 permits, two permanent and one visitor.

I think this is perverse! we will now have unsavory characters hanging around the development clamping cars at behest - I certainly didn't buy into this development to be harassed by clampers!

I have enough of this in the city.

I have enough trouble trying to pay the mortgage without this shower coming in and demanding money, for a development that's not even finished!

Half the street lights don't work, the main road into the development is dangerous, I don't know how many mornings I've had near misses either on the way in or on the way out!

I certainly am not in favour of subsidising apartment dwellers insurance on the back of my house!

I propose we organise ourselves and vote the current directors off the board of management and wind up the company - Apartment dwellers can set up their own company if they so wish, Kildare co. council will take over management of the rest of the estate - put some of this new property tax to use!

PamelaD

I was in Parkwest before here and it was a load a crap there!

the clampers toremented everyone in the block, at least there's permits here, we had to send a text to a phone number if we had visitors, it never worked though cause the fockers always claimed dey never got de txt, me ma was clamped after 5 minutes of drivin in, it was very stressfull, I won't be renewin me lease if this crap kicks in here!

Ritchie_han

clamping in an ungated community....

IF YOUR VEHICLE IS CLAMPED THE FOLLOWING APPLIES

Wilful obstruction
Under Section 9 of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994 anyone without legal authority or reasonable excuse, wilfully prevents or interrupts the free passage of any person or vehicle in any public place shall be guilty of an offence. The penalty for this offence is €400.
This section was created in order to protect the constitutional rights of the individual to pass and re-pass on a public highway. While the Gardai have no power of arrest under this Section they can invoke the powers of Section 7 of the Act and direct any person to desist from the obstruction in question. Failure to comply with that direction is an offence.
Entering a building, etc, with intent to commit an offence
Section 11 of the 1994 Act makes it an offence for anyone to enter (i.e., trespass) a building or the vicinity of a building with the intention of committing an offence and/or interfering with property.
For example, you need not have entered a building to commit an offence under this section. By being on the property (i.e. in the back garden or the driveway of a house) this will be enough to bring a person within the definition of this section. It will be a matter for the prosecution in any proceedings to prove that the accused person was present in the building or on the property with the intention of committing an offence or with intent to interfere with any property. Those found guilty of this offence will be liable to a fine not exceeding €2,500 or to a maximum term in prison of 6 months or to both
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF THE COMPANY SAYS THE CLAMP WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL YOU HAVE PAID OUR PENALTY THEN THE FOLLOWING APPLIES,

Blackmail, extortion and demanding money with menaces
Section 17 of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994 creates a new version of the blackmail and extortion offences which were previously contained in the Larceny Act, 1916 which have now been repealed. If a person makes an unwarranted demand with menaces for the purpose of making a gain for themselves or another or with the intention to cause a loss to another they will be guilty of this offence. The exception to this offence is that if the person making the demand with menaces believes that:-
He has reasonable grounds for making the demand,
NO CONTRACT NO CONCENT
and
The use of menaces is a proper means of reinforcing the demand.
While there is no definition in the Act of “menaces” the meaning of the word was defined in case-law under the Old Larceny Act, 1916. In a case called Thorne–v-Motor Trade Association (1937) the court stated that:-
“the word menace is to be liberally construed, and not as limited to threats of violence but as to include threats of any action detrimental to or unpleasant to the person addressed”.
Therefore the definition of menace would include threats to post on the internet details of a persons sexual life or threats to publish explicit photographs of a person. Neither of these actions could be said to be a proper way of enforcing what would otherwise be a legitimate demand for the payment of a debt. If a person is convicted of this offence the maximum punishment is an unlimited fine and or a term of imprisonment of up to 14 years.

i know a few local officers who will help you - ill pm my contact info.

Mahin

I was extremely irate to receive this notification from the managagement company.

From what I can see parking is not really an issue in our estate so how dare they introduce clamping in order to force residents pay their management fees.

Having these clampers constantly patrolling our estate is going to cause untold stress to residents. We need to do whatever we can to prevent this happening.

Also, I believe their presence will put off future renters & purchasers alike.

Is there anyone we can contact about this our are we at the management company's mercy?

keevs5

Hi everyone,

I received a letter today from the management company stating that they are about to implement clamping across the development limiting spaces to 3 permits, two permanent and one visitor.

I think this is perverse! we will now have unsavory characters hanging around the development clamping cars at behest - I certainly didn't buy into this development to be harassed by clampers!

I have enough of this in the city.

I have enough trouble trying to pay the mortgage without this shower coming in and demanding money, for a development that's not even finished!

Half the street lights don't work, the main road into the development is dangerous, I don't know how many mornings I've had near misses either on the way in or on the way out!

I certainly am not in favour of subsidising apartment dwellers insurance on the back of my house!

I propose we organise ourselves and vote the current directors off the board of management and wind up the company - Apartment dwellers can set up their own company if they so wish, Kildare co. council will take over management of the rest of the estate - put some of this new property tax to use!
I was extremely irate to receive this notification from the managagement company.

From what I can see parking is not really an issue in our estate so how dare they introduce clamping in order to force residents pay their management fees.

Having these clampers constantly patrolling our estate is going to cause untold stress to residents. We need to do whatever we can to prevent this happening.

Also, I believe their presence will put off future renters & purchasers alike.

Is there anyone we can contact about this our are we at the management company's mercy?

Hi i was wondering if there has been any update on this situation? I am currently looking to buy a house in beechpark and was hoping to get info before i get any more involved in the sale? Thanks a mill in advance.