External Damage causing Leak

Smokey

I am interested in hearing from all BSQ Residents that have experienced or are having ongoing problems with leaking balconies or windows.

The insurers who provided the Developer with the ten year Home Bond ie. Premier Guarantee advise me that I do not have an insurable interest by virtue of the fact that the common areas have not been transferred to the management company.

It is important that all residents act unison to resolve this issue as at the moment I have been unable to ascertain from our Management Company just how many people are affected.

The estimate in my particular case is of considerable size and beyond my financial resources.

I would be grateful if all interested parties would contact me, so we can adopt a joint approach to resolving outstanding issues

aoifa

Mine was declined because AluGlass/Laing O'Rourke had already done repair works (which weren't done correctly hence leak) and therefore P. G. said my apartment had been altered! So declined but not for the same excuse they gave you.

I will be referring my claim on to the Ombudsman over the summer, just haven't had time to write anything up for a report yet.

Like you I can not afford the repairs I got an estimate for and I also can not afford further damage.

Good luck to any of us who want to or have to sell in the years to come (even if it's only for a few cent!), by the sounds of it a few apartments wouldn't pass an inspection!

YerWan

Leaks

Hey,

Ive had leaks in my mini cube (Cubes 5) in the past but I think they seem to be fixed for now. My problem is that my two external doors are faulty since I moved in nearly 4 years ago. They replaced the balcony door with another faulty door that is warped and doesnt fit the frame properly while the front door was put on correctly so can move in and out while the door is closed and there is a gap under the door where water comes in and has rotted the floor. Aluglass were out on a number of occassions over the years and e-mails were sent (so atleast there is a paper trail) but they never did anything! I've been on to John Paul and MAzars but they can't help me. What should I do?

Appreciate any advice,

Thanks

Kapital

Hi did you every have any luck sorting out this issue I am a resident in cubes 5 and some apartments in this block have started presenting the issue?

rabbits

Hi did you every have any luck sorting out this issue I am a resident in cubes 5 and some apartments in this block have started presenting the issue?
Were you at the AGM in January? There was a big update about the leaks across the complex. Make sure you have reported it to John Morton and the management company.