Just bought

MissG

Suzi, I called John Boyle on friday for an update.. he said there had been some work done but that there were 12 apts to be completed at the moment. The finer details wouldnt be completed until the end of this week and may go on until next week... hopefully wont be too long tho!!

As an aside, if I am living in the apartment blocks does anybody know where i can (safely!) store a bike. I don't fancy lugging it upstairs every time... or having it take up valuable room in my lil apartment!

Topcat

Alarm

Alright folks,
I've to get an alarm installed in one of the 2 bed apts, have we all to use the same alarm company or can we get an independent company to install it? Any recommendations with prices? I remember somebody mentioning we had to use the same one.
Thanks!

SuziQ

Management fees

Im posting this here as it seems to be the only thread with activity.....

I went up to my solicitor today to sign the closing documents and handed over my cheque to pay her and the management fees. My solicitor was told that these were €979 i assumed this was because we're moving in now in april so they discounted the first 3 months but NOOOOOOOOOOO i got a call awhile ago asking for another €424 as there was apparently a mix up in what we were told.
When we were viewing the apartment we were told the fees were 1200, then our solicitor said 979 now weve to pay 1400 whats going on....
Has everyone else paid this amount as Im very annoyed I dont have 400 quid floating around (Bye bye new tv :(:()

Topcat

hey SuziQ,

I'm in 1 of the 2 bed apts & I paid 1,413.45euro last month, don't know about everyone else...

MissG

aarrgghh... that sucks Suzi! It says in my contract 979 too!! but I have not closed yet! I guarantee Ill have to pay the full 1400 now when I go to my solr! :mad: Have you closed now? Did you get the re-snag done? and was everything ok?

SuziQ

Yeh topcat thats the exact same figure we had to pay. We're in a two bed apt aswell!!

MissG we didn't need a re-snag i went up to check last tues and everything was perfect our whole snag list was done, the builders were still there when I went up sound blokes, they even showed me how to work the mad heater thing in the living room!!!
The thing that held us up was the builders solicitors we were meant to sign last wed and our solicitor didn't have any documentation it was only sent to the affordable housing solicitor on fri and arrived with ours Mon morning.... So we closed and we got our keys yest!! We were up last night bringing in a few things and I was SHOCKED with the parking there was NONE outside and the place isn't even at full capacity yet the underground was only a third in use its really a joke!!! People are ridiculously lazy by the looks of it. Im really worried because my partner cant use the underground carpark he drives a transit with a roof rack.....!!

Just be on your gaurd MissG Im sure you'll be told when your closing that you owe more and theres nothing you can do you have to pay it..... So watch d dosh.....