Penthouse Size

SuziQ

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the size of the normal two bed apartmant and the penthouse two bed??? Going for a viewing soon and just wondering...... Any help much appreciated

Hi SuziQ

I would say the penthouse is bigger than the two bed apartment. They generally are. If I was you I would ask the selling agent and they should be able to give you the exact measurements.

dmaprelude

Ha, I wouldn't hold your breath for the measurements, we ended up having to measure everything ourselves one morning before the house was finished.

MissG

Hi SuziQ
I checked with the developer and the penthouses are 65sq m. Im not sure what the standard 2 beds measure though. i think the only benefit of the penthouse in this case is higher ceilings. Did you go for a viewing yet?

SuziQ

Hay all,

I was curious because the floor plans on BrianmDurkan website contradicted the plans on south dublin co. co website N there was an apartment for sale on Daft in the area n i didn like alot about it but turns out it was a totally diff apartment n MissG is 100% right about the measurements, Went to see it last week n its fab so fingers crossed the bank get off der arse n sort me out..... n U'll all av a new neighbour!!!!!! Say a few prayers for me..... :(

MissG

That's great SuziQ! I viewed one of the penthouses yesterday and put a deposit on it! So i will be a new neighbour too! V. excited but v.v scared! it's such a big step! I thought the apt itself was kinda small but the HUGE window lets in a lot of light! The only problem now is how on earth to find curtains or blinds to fit it!! Has anyone else here bought a penthouse and solved that problem!??! Also has anyone got any tips on wooden/ laminate floors? I don't really fancy doing it myself but also don't want to spend a fortune on it!

dmaprelude

Hay all,

I was curious because the floor plans on BrianmDurkan website contradicted the plans on south dublin co. co website N there was an apartment for sale on Daft in the area n i didn like alot about it but turns out it was a totally diff apartment n MissG is 100% right about the measurements, Went to see it last week n its fab so fingers crossed the bank get off der arse n sort me out..... n U'll all av a new neighbour!!!!!! Say a few prayers for me..... :(
Yea there were alot of changes compared to what was lodged, there was meant to be another underground carpark and the houses were meant to have driveways.

Figures crossed for ya!

spillac

Hi,
just wondering if you have bought in the apts to the right or left as you come in the driveway?

I live in one of the top flor apts to the right (1 of the 3 blcks) and the high windows are great - so much light coming in.

MissG

Hi Spillac
I have just put a deposit on one of the ones at the top of buildings on the right. Have you moved in already? What have you done with the window? I love how much light it lets in but really don't know what to do about a curtain/blind?!

spillac

Hi,

I'm in already, have been here about 8 wks now - I have vertical blinds but I wish I got something else instead now. I'm thinking of fixing a curtain pole accross where the first beam is instead now.

I think you are beter moving in and then deciding on things. The things I first bought for my apt are the things that I regret now!

MissG

I am thinking of putting a curtain rail about 8ft up... probably what you are suggesting your going to do now... but i don't know if that will look weird! i think it is the simplest solution for now!! I know what you mean about waiting til I move in but I just want to get everything now!!! I'm so impatient! haha! :p

SuziQ

Howdy NEIGHBOURS........

Well well i guess i can offically call you all neighbours now.....

We got annoyed with the bank we originally went with as we nearly lost the apartment cos they were dragging their heels so we went to BOI and the fab people over there had it sorted for us in no time. The snag will be hopefully finished by next week and we are ready to close (How long did the builders take to sort your snags??) Im hoping they will be quick as I think we're the last in the block to move in. Also my parents garage is about to burst with our stuff......

We bought in the blocks to the right when you come in. I saw on the original plans on south dub co co website that we were meant to have a car park for 72 cars under our blocks but it was done away with and replaced with about 20 spaces crazy if you ask me but im sure there was a valid reason!!!

Ive bought curtain rails and we're going to pack out the ledge just above the door on the balcony until its flush with the walls and hang our rails as normal with fancy tie backs and all..... I say thats what we're doing but Ive to try and do it now and see how it looks!!!!:D Oh i love a challenge