Problems with Dog Barking

Trevorino

Hi To All

My name is Trevor and i live with my partner in ellensborough Lane,The reason i joined this comunity is because it has come to a stage where we cant even sleep at night.unless of course we close all windows.
I was wondering if we are the only copuple in the area bothered with this dog barking all night.

please help if you are affected.

Regards
Trevor

Lisie247

dog barking

Hi Trevor,

I know exactly how you feel. I live in ellensborough court and the noise of the neighbours dogs is unreal. they start barking at 7am and will go on all day until about 11.30pm..I cant understand why it doesnt bother the owners!!

Someone suggested to me to send the house an anonomous letter explaining the situation..as people are very sensitive about they're pets and may take offensive if you knocked on their door.....but i havent had he nerve to send it yet...also apparently in certain cases-the council may be able to issue a noise infringement order to the owners..but im not sure what the process is.

Trevorino

Hi Lisie

I am glad i wasn't the only one,I'm the same I am not that sort of perosn who goes around knocking on people's door and complaining but something needs to be done cause we genuinelly cant sleep at night and this is getting really frustrating:(

I am actually wating for the resident comitee to come around collecting the anual fees and i will mentioning it than.

REgards
Trevor

Lisie247

Yes i think the residents committee will be collecting the subscription soon enough...they are usually very helpfull.

There email is ellensboroughra@yahoo.co.uk

I have already email about this issue..maybe the more people that email them the sooner something can be done

Trevorino

Hi Lisie,

How are you?Just want to give you an update on this one,i rang the garda and basically they said that they will do something about it if i knew exactly from which house is it coming?so do you know exactly from which house is the dog barking coming please?also you mentioned in your previous reply the residents committee,do you actually have a contact details as in telephone numbers that you can forward so I'll contact them.

Thanks
Trevor

Lisie247

Hi Trevor,

I cant seem to find the last newsletter that the residents assocation sent out- as that had all the phone numbers on it- id say there is another one due soon so i will have a look out.
Did the guards mention what they can do anout the problem? Thanks

Metraton

Hi All,

I live in Ellensbourgh also and we have had a problem with two houses in close proximity with their dogs barking. After first trying to be neighbourly about the problems with the owners which basically resulted in no effort been made I contacted the community garda who very kindly visited the houses concerned and spoke to the owners which resulted in improvements if not completely solving the problems. I do not think the resident committee is of any help on this at all as they have mentioned dark barking problems on their notices but to no avail. Try the community Garda and dont feel bad about it as the dog owners dont consider you!

Lisie247

Hi Metraton,

Thanks for that!!! Do you have the contact details for the community Garda......or did you just ring the Garda station??