QBC - Not as Original Plans

Butterfield

There is immediate concern regarding the current QBC development FROM Laverna Roundabout to Coolmine Railway roundabout on Carpenterstown Avenue. Utilising green verge space to build a bicycle lane and widening the existing road already is affecting the speed of vehicles passing through this area - a major concern as this designated residential through road is used by children/adults travelling daily from Scoil Thomais, St. Patricks School, Castleknock College and Castleknock Community College. A site meeting with representatives of Laverna Estate and Fingal County Council took place this afternoon. Fingal County Council are to revert re suggestions to revert to original QBC site plans.

Laverna

See attached web address showing plans for section 4. The small sketch clearly shows the road being narrowed by 0.9 metres but the re-drawn plan means it is now 0.9m wider. Councillor Matt Waine attended the meeting with Fingal and supported the position taken by the residents. Councillor Peggy Hamill has since contacted us and has also given her support to out position. Will keep the site updated as situation develops.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/QBNProjectOffice/Documents/sT-QBN-318-004.pdf

DerekB

As I have only moved to laverna in the last 18 months I was happy to get a letter in my door about this tonight and I will be making it my business to find out some more and make my feeling on this matter heard
So if you have any contact numbers or e mail address I can contact it would be great

Thank you

DecCameron

There is immediate concern regarding the current QBC development FROM Laverna Roundabout to Coolmine Railway roundabout on Carpenterstown Avenue. Utilising green verge space to build a bicycle lane and widening the existing road already is affecting the speed of vehicles passing through this area - a major concern as this designated residential through road is used by children/adults travelling daily from Scoil Thomais, St. Patricks School, Castleknock College and Castleknock Community College. A site meeting with representatives of Laverna Estate and Fingal County Council took place this afternoon. Fingal County Council are to revert re suggestions to revert to original QBC site plans.
How soon will it be before Fingal CoCo decide on there plans going forward? In the interim is it correct to presume that development will cease?

Laverna

The fingal engineer gave an undertaking to revert to us before the end of the week with their proposal. I will post this proposed resolution on site and will try to arrange a residents meeting to review.

Councillor Peggy Hamill contacted me yesterday and was also unaware of the proposed change to published plans. She has indicated that she supports our position and has been in touch with Fingal Planning section regarding same.

I can be contacted on tim.duffy2@hotmail.com if required.

Laverna

I notice that the white line for the proposed on road cycle lane was painted late yesterday. Paul Cantwell of Fingal has been in touch to assure me that this was done in error and is not an indication of any final decision by the council. He told me he will revert today with proposed solution. I will arrange an on site meeting with local residents groups to discuss when proposal is known.