Selling price of apts in Ballintyre

Padre

As a resident concerned about neg equity does anyone know of any 2 beds apts in Ballintyre that sold recently and what it actually sold for?

dublin16_Regina

Hi Padre, I have a 2 bed for sale in Ballintyre Hall at present and I too am concerned at the level/ price drop that has now been applied to our homes. The persons who purchased at the height of the so called boom in such years as 2006 are now expected to accept their homes been depreciated. It is not acceptable that we were sold homes/apts at such inflated prices by Glenkerrin and now should be accepting and almost grateful that we get anything at all for them. Ballintyre was marketed as a upmarket development and is indeed a very nice and pleasant place to live but what it should not become is a jail/ four walls that houses without release its residents who were fortunate or we now know unfortunate enough to purchase at a high price of €430,000 or indeed more and significantly less for others because they cannot not sell and move on.

Ballintyre Hall properties are ideal for single professional persons/ couples who spent most of their time out or indeed semi. retired individuals who want the security of such a development. Young expanding families need 4 bed semi's, gardens and I should think consider that not a big ask!

If indeed apartments have depreciated as significantly as indicated I would appeal to that older generation who are indeed searching to purchase such homes not to attempt to squeeze young individuals with children any further and attempt to bag a bargain at the expense of society. If persons have secured good prices on other homes, then they should be committed to offering a reasonable price for such an apt. property, as certainly Ballintyre Hall is indeed a very attractive development.

Our apt. we are willing to negotiate but certainly within reason. Call 087 2390996 and leave message and we shall return call or send text.

Mairead.

solder

Hi Padre, I have a 2 bed for sale in Ballintyre Hall at present and I too am concerned at the level/ price drop that has now been applied to our homes. The persons who purchased at the height of the so called boom in such years as 2006 are now expected to accept their homes been depreciated. It is not acceptable that we were sold homes/apts at such inflated prices by Glenkerrin and now should be accepting and almost grateful that we get anything at all for them. Ballintyre was marketed as a upmarket development and is indeed a very nice and pleasant place to live but what it should not become is a jail/ four walls that houses without release its residents who were fortunate or we now know unfortunate enough to purchase at a high price of €430,000 or indeed more and significantly less for others because they cannot not sell and move on.

Ballintyre Hall properties are ideal for single professional persons/ couples who spent most of their time out or indeed semi. retired individuals who want the security of such a development. Young expanding families need 4 bed semi's, gardens and I should think consider that not a big ask!

If indeed apartments have depreciated as significantly as indicated I would appeal to that older generation who are indeed searching to purchase such homes not to attempt to squeeze young individual with children any further and attempt to bag a bargain at the expense of society. If persons have secured good prices on other homes, then they should be commited to offering a reasonable price for such an apt. property, as certainly Ballintyre Hall is indeed a very attractive development.

Our apt. we are willing to negotiate but certainly within reason. Call 087 2390996 and leave message and we shall return call or send text.

Mairead.
im sorry but does nobody feel that they bought a house for an agreed price , you cant blame the builder for this , they were the prices at the time , if your house went up in value would you feel sorry for the builder and give them the extra money?
i do really feel sorry for people who bought at the height of the boom , but what do you want ?, who do you think should pay for your bad investment?

dublin16_Regina

im sorry but does nobody feel that they bought a house for an agreed price , you cant blame the builder for this , they were the prices at the time , if your house went up in value would you feel sorry for the builder and give them the extra money?
i do really feel sorry for people who bought at the height of the boom , but what do you want ?, who do you think should pay for your bad investment?
You're quite obviously a builder in that trade or other as your attitude is quite shocking.. My so called bad investment was not a investment but a home I thought I had purchased for my child, I suppose I should have applied to the Council like so many others and qualified for a Social housing unit, is that why you are so smug?? Have you yourself employment at this time as it is only the building trade that would take the side of developers and their outrageous prices charged for homes when they clearly knew that prices were never going to hold. We should also note that the developer of Ballintyre Hall was one of the developers who drove up the site price of the Ballsbridge Berkley/ Jury's Hotel site/s and now owe the banks themselves outrageous amounts of money for which the tax payer will have to pay out. Are these now the very developers that are themselves reported to be buying back their assets at huge discounts as suddenly cash has been located from whatever source. What comment do you make there, I would also be interested to know whether you are a young or an elder as then I could address your comments.

solder2

why didnt you quite simply say NO im not paying that price?
i am not a builder , i didnt buy , i may now , im youngish but not too young that i took credit and thought a feck it ill blame the builders if it all goes wrong

dublin16_Regina

I'm 39 but I feel 60! I foolishly thought I was taking the correct path securing a home for my young daughter, I was investing in her future, securing a home as I thought. I paid up front a significant deposit near half and now practically before my eyes have been wiped out with a very bleak and depressing future unless I can retrieve some of those funds. Certainly we all knew that such properties were grossly overpriced compared to the rest of Europe but we were to believe that Ireland was somehow special and would retain some of the value. Our whole economic success was based around property values and now it is to destroy our future. You were fortunate in that you were young and apparently without the responsibilty of a child that permitted you the luxury of renting or otherwise. We all have stories and I consider mine to be most genuine but then I get label of foolish person for purchasing at high price but agents would not reduce amount even by €15,000 when I asked very strongly. I should have walked away but then I didn't. Anyway anyone who wants a bargain basement let me know as apparently the only way to offload nightmare. South facing, second floor under penthse, very nicely maintained one of the better ones. 087 2390996

dublin16_Regina

..If we had indeed thought hey feck it we'll blame the builders if it all went wrong we certainly would not have purchased at all. How do they account for their failures to be able to pay back the banks what they owe on Land purchased for development. It's not a blame game but certainly in my opinion I would string a few people up on the spike the symbol of our success, until at least they apologised for their part driving property prices beyond the reach of many. I was not a professional involved in such just a simple mother purchasing a home for her child and also thought I had purchased careful that I would be able to sell and relocate when the time came.

barrett

Hi Padre, I have a 2 bed for sale in Ballintyre Hall at present and I too am concerned at the level/ price drop that has now been applied to our homes. The persons who purchased at the height of the so called boom in such years as 2006 are now expected to accept their homes been depreciated. It is not acceptable that we were sold homes/apts at such inflated prices by Glenkerrin and now should be accepting and almost grateful that we get anything at all for them.
If indeed apartments have depreciated as significantly as indicated I would appeal to that older generation who are indeed searching to purchase such homes not to attempt to squeeze young individual with children any further and attempt to bag a bargain at the expense of society. If persons have secured good prices on other homes, then they should be commited to offering a reasonable price for such an apt. property, as certainly Ballintyre Hall is indeed a very attractive development.
Are you for real? Listen, it was because the likes of you rushed along to pay those high prices, that the likes of me were forced to rent from idiot johnny-come-lately landlords during the boom. Children or no children. And have others look down their noses for not being a home owner. Listen, the most precursory calculation with pen and paper or look at house price trends here and elsewhere told a clear story. You need to understand that your actions did not just affect yourself, they affected everyone else. And as for doing right by your young daughter? Did you not think about the fact that by participating in a property market booming by 8-10% per year that by the time she reached 21 that assuming prices continued increasing at let's say 7.5% a year, that she would have had to assume a mortgage of 1.5 million euro for her own little starter home when the time came? There were plenty who said it is not right what you are trying to charge for a home, and it is not right the money that is being made by people for doing very little. Thing is, if there had been more of us and less of the other we wouldn't be here today.

dublin16_Regina

Are you for real? Listen, it was because the likes of you rushed along to pay those high prices, that the likes of me were forced to rent from idiot johnny-come-lately landlords during the boom. Children or no children. And have others look down their noses for not being a home owner. Listen, the most precursory calculation with pen and paper or look at house price trends here and elsewhere told a clear story. You need to understand that your actions did not just affect yourself, they affected everyone else. And as for doing right by your young daughter? Did you not think about the fact that by participating in a property market booming by 8-10% per year that by the time she reached 21 that assuming prices continued increasing at let's say 7.5% a year, that she would have had to assume a mortgage of 1.5 million euro for her own little starter home when the time came? There were plenty who said it is not right what you are trying to charge for a home, and it is not right the money that is being made by people for doing very little. Thing is, if there had been more of us and less of the other we wouldn't be here today.
Barrett, honestly I would hate to have you as a tenant because quite obviously you have issues with your "idiot johnny landlord" as you refer to him. Perhaps he imagines you are the idiot!

The inflated property prices were more a reflection on the idiot we had running the Country so if he's a friend of yours say hi because certainly he's heard a lot from me! And shall hear more.

What happened in this Country was corruption more than possibly you can comprehend.

dublin16_Regina

Barrett, honestly I would hate to have you as a tenant because quite obviously you have issues with your "idiot johnny landlord" as you refer to him. Perhaps he imagines you are the idiot!

The inflated property prices were more a reflection on the idiot we had running the Country so if he's a friend of yours say hi because certainly he's heard a lot from me! And shall hear more.

What happened in this Country was corruption more than possibly you can comprehend.
Barrett, Are you from Meath?? because I have someone in mind.

barrett

Not idiot johnny - 'Johnny-come-lately', as in the new breed of landlord that came along at that time with a superiority complex and sense of entitlement reaching to the sky.

'Sense of entitlement'.
Hmmm. As for corruption, if you recognised it, why did you decide to play along in its game?

No I'm not from Meath, and I don't have an idiot johnny-come-lately landlord anymore. Actually he went out of business and ran off to Thailand or somewhere. I now have a landlord who respects me and who I can respect back.

Anyway, hope all works out for you. I just wanted to say 'get real' with respect to your post.

dublin16_Regina

Barrett, I personally think it's important that many persons get involved and in some small way contribute and tell their story ..... For it is one way of exposing the corruption beyond comprehension of how exactly we arrived at such a negative place in the history of the state. It's important to speak up without feeling embrassed so in turn we can slowly but with certainty embrass those that lead us to a path of destuction.

I recall that people had no huge amounts of cash during the 80's but they had the security of a home whatever structure that took, now people's foundations are rocked. That was my single and only point that I like many purchased a home but then came the huge inflated demands for management fees which appeared to go directly into the pockets of developers! €750,000 is the figure according to Management Company that is collected each year for the development of Ballintyre, now that's what is unreal and yet we have many dirty areas but nobody else wants to hear that either.

I respect the tone more of your last posting as quite obviously you agree that corruption at the highest level led us down this path not just deluded persons .... There was something a lot more sinister that went on in Ireland not to mention deluded politicians who plotted our route to destruction not least through incompetence but a deluded sense of self importantance of belonging ... What was orchestrated by the most senior person some will never come to learn but certainly I for one came to understand just how twisted indeed Ireland had become, but apparently they all knew ..... I relish the day of his demise and shall not have any empathy either for his family as certainly they know...and it seems are quite happy to play the role.