Smith property management

Unpll

PSP operating without a Licence

Received a letter today from the PSRA that was shocking to see. Smith Property management is operating as a Property Service Provider (PSP) without a licence...

They have just begun the process of applying for licence but all those years have been doing there services without a licence needed for this.

So Waterville landlords... your property has been serviced by a non licensed property Service Provider!

Towner12

Received a letter today from the PSRA that was shocking to see. Smith Property management is operating as a Property Service Provider (PSP) without a licence...

They have just begun the process of applying for licence but all those years have been doing there services without a licence needed for this.

So Waterville landlords... your property has been serviced by a non licensed property Service Provider!
Sorry Unpll but you're not making sense. You must have problems with them. I've used them and other agents and sure there can be problems but I would consider Smiths to be on of the better ones.
Managing Agents do not need to have a licence, it is an unregulated service. There is a new law suppossed to be coming later this year that will require every agent to have licence and that is probably what they are applying for.

You're not someone to be taken seriously, just a ranter.

Get you're facts right and contribute to the boards in a helpful well. You should probably pay your fees aswell................

athtrasna

Smiths used to be ok, but the new MD being appointed co-incided with a drop in service levels, certainly to our development. Replaced them this year.

Unpll

@t Towner12

remember the 85 mil you got from the EU/IMF???
Now lets follow EU laws, because apparently the Irish laws are not working!

Yea, I have a problem with SPM and yes they have treated me like I don't know what rights a tenant has (or like you want to call me 'a ranter')

apparently you don't have any problems with them, or are not living in an area managed/serviced by them. Or... you are one of the employees who I called Incapable or unlicensed PSPers.

So Tower12 take your pick, the internet is full of SPM complaints, i'm not the only one!

Hope they will get a licence, because than they will have to follow Irish/EU laws and every complaint after that could mean loosing there licence.

So Tower12... Smith property Management employee???
the fact are hard to take!

Masineda

Property Services (Regulation) Bill since October 2005

Towner12...
you must be an SPM employee, or as stupid as them!

Unpll is correct when saying: 'apparently the Irish laws are not working'
read: Property Services (Regulation) Bill
Unpll should get his/her facts right and contribute to the boards in a helpful way????
I think Towner12 realy needs to get her (Pauline?) own fact correct before opening her mouth!

SPM is an an property service provider (PSP) and needs a licence; according to the Property Services (Regulation) Bill since October 2005
So after being 6 years to late they have started to apply for one, apperently just after the PRSA got a few complaints from the Waterville area.
For Towner12's information, I don't live in a SPM serviced area, we have stopped your services after to many complaints where entered agains SPM by tenants/other landlords in 2010.
I'm a landlord and never trusted SPM and I was right after bad maintainence for 1 year, so we stopped using your services and now use a 'licenced' service provider!

something to read:
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/RIA May09.pdf/Files/RIA May09.pdf

Dub 15

Pauline from SPM

Yes, the PRSA also have told me that the SPM is operating without a licence, according to the EU law a company/service provider can NOT operate without a licence. That they applied for one now doesn't give them any right to continue operating, so after reading replies here from Towner12 I decided to write some letters to politicians.
Towner12 (Pauline from SPM?) I've send you a e-mail on Wednesday (before you added your post) and have been waiting for your reply, but I know by now:YOU will never reply and will have to wait until Rikki is back in the office.

Unpll needs to pay fees aswell ?
To who? To SPM? for not responding to complaints, cleaning windows 2 times in 3 years, not (properly) cleaning gutters/plugged drains? or for painting the houses at Annagh Court so it looks great from far... but when looking closer the corners/parts of balconies exc. are not painted? (painting problem resolved after pictures where posted on this board)

So Pauline... sorry Towner12 anything else to say? Or are you going to reply to my e-mail now before Rikki gets back in the office on monday?

jdwex

http://www.npsra.ie/website/npsra/npsraweb.nsf/page/whatwedo-licensing-en

"Currently, Auctioneers and House Agents are required to be licensed under the Auctioneers and House Agents Acts, 1947 to 1973. Under the legislation a House Agent is defined as “a person who, as agent for another person and for or in expectation of reward, purchases, sells, lets or offers for sale or letting, or invites offers to purchase or take a letting of, or negotiates for the purchase, sale or letting of a house otherwise than by auction or attempts to effect such purchase, sale or letting”. At present such licences are obtained through the Courts and Revenue Commissioners and this system will remain in place until the new legislation is enacted."

Managing agents are still not regulated- if SPM are acting as Estate Agents it is a separate issue.

The " Property Services (Regulation) Bill " has not yet been passed..

Dub 15

Property Services (Regulation) Bill since October 2005

correct jdwex, that's why we are saying 'Irish laws are not working'
But as this is a European country with a 85 mil loan now...
Letters to politicians and EU leaders will shut property services like SPM down!

One property management guy was prosecuted a few weeks ago for bad maintenance and not handling complaints according to Irish/EU laws.
People had to be evacuated from that building he was 'managing' are we going to wait until a SPM maintained area has to be evacuated?

Seashell

Moderator (Aran Court)
We in Aran Court parted company with SPM last year. Best move we ever made. Amazed with how many developments continue to put up with poor service. SPM as with any Management Agents are employees of the owners Management Company. Like any employees they are hired and can be fired. If you're not happy, put a motion on the agenda of your next AGM and vote to sack them.