White Lines on Tarmac in Beechdale Place

Fiona&Adam

Hi guys. Now that the tarmac is down in Beechdale Place we should probably get together soon to discuss putting some white lines down for parking. Maplewood / South Dublin County Council are not responsible for this and so it is something that we would need to pay for ourselves. If all of you reading this could reply to this post to indicate if you would be interested in this that would be great because we at least know whether people are interested in this or not. Thanks! :)

Mille

Moderator (Beechdale Firhouse)
White Lines on Tarmac

Hi guys!

Welcome Fiona&Adam and THogan to the forum. Its great to have a few more posts!! :) :)

I would love to get the white lines put down in the parking bays and dont mind contributing to a fund to cover the costs.

If you are a Beechdale Place resident reading this, please post your opinion.

Or if you live in Beechdale Estate all comments / advice are welcome!!

I wonder will the apartments try to get together to put white lines down too??? :confused:

dublin24_C&J

White Lines

Hi Guys,

You might already know this but looks like Maplewood are going to put down whites lines for us. I rang Crea yesterday and she said it would not be done before Christmas but that it would be done in the new year.

Mille

Good News About White Lines!!

:) Oh yeah!!! I didnt know that?? How did you find out that Maplewood would be putting the white lines down???? That is good news.

JMurphy

White Lines

Hi Guys,

Just a thought in relation to the white lines implementation that Maplewood are planning - I'm not so sure that this will benefit us as much as we think..

The lines being introduced are going to make us all park a little straighter and, but are not technically going to increase the number of spaces in volume. We could however, help this ourselves by making a conserted effort to park more neighbour-friendly, as close as possible to each other (without damaging each others cars obviously!). As we all know, there are many nights where more cars could be squeezed in if we tried.

Another point worth thinking about, is that the lines might make our lovely new tarmac'd road in Beechdale Place look more like a big and oftentimes - ugly apartment block complex - around the corner! we all paid a lot of money to buy a nice house on a lovely road, and not an apartment. (not that theres anything wrong with apartments!)

If you look at Hunterswood, they were lucky enough to get nice red-bricked paved lines, as opposed to the car park looking ones. (I know thats not an option from Maplewood)

I dont want to sound like a snob here, but we have to weigh up the benefits of car park white lines outside your door, vs. a potential extra space or two. (bear in mind there will be no numbers on these spaces).

Anyhow, it's just a thought... let us know what you think, as Maplewood have said that if we don't really want them - we have to let them know.

Mille

We have white lines....

Hi guys!!
We have white lines.... yeah! I think it is going to be good for parking. It will force us to park straight and closer beside each other.
We are lucky, as the apts had to wait over 2 years to get their white lines.

I know this site is not used much anymore since beechdale.org has taken off with the apts and the rest of the estate. But i just wanted to put up a post in relation to the white lines.

Happy parking!