Access

cork_Red

Has anybody had experience getting in to see their house in Castle Rock? This appointment system seems to be a way of discouraging visits, which is fair enough if people are trying to bring down all of their relatives, but when I'm spending this much money I'd like to see it myself. Especially when I know they have already made one mistake.

tina_cork

Hi Red,

We havent seen ours since June but we had no problem making an appointment. We rang Jill in Castlelands and she gave us a time. We saw it 8 days after making the call.

What mistake did they make with your house?

cork_Red

Snagging can really only pick up defects in the finish, to spot structural or covered up bodges you have to be down on site regularly or else be really trusting. The problem I spotted was easily sorted at this point but if left, it would have become a very expensive disaster.

abrown15

I totally agree with you Red. A good engineer will pick up a lot on the snag, but nothing like if the foundations are down wrong!! I know people that have their engineer go along to the site all the time, and is there for all important events happening - however this as you can imagine costs an arm and a leg. I suppose that for anything structural your 10 year homebond will cover it.

Sawyer

I agree with both of you that it is better to check regularly. If you are getting changes then make sure you check them aswell. Was down in my house on friday and spotted something not done by plumber. I asked him about 4 times to do it and also wrote to him. If I didn't spot it the slabs were up next week and then it was past point of no return.

Also did anyone notice that the wardrobes are twice as big in the Type A as it is in type B even though allowance is same in both houses. We are going to ring and question this