Agm

Househunter123

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
Hi all,

I was speaking to Niall today, we will behaving our AGM with KPM (Keenan Property Management) within the next three weeks, a venue and exact dates where not decided when I spoke with him. Invites will be sent to the 98 houses in Phibbblestown in the coming days.

He asked me was there any outstanding work that need to be done? If any one has anything they would like me to pass on please post here or send me a PM.

Thanks HH123

Househunter123

We had our AGM last night with Keenan - there was a very poor turn out.

Good news the fees are due to be lowered next year as all our service providers have reduced their fees. Niall is due to send a copy of the minutes to every household in the coming days.

Zonko

Thanks HH123. Wasn't available myself to go to the meeting but it's a shame that there was such a low turn out. I wonder are people just totally fed up with them that they see no point in even meeting with them? If that's the case then it doesn't bode well for them getting next years fees, even if they do lower them again.

Househunter123

True - but unfortunately we are legally obliged to pay.

I do think it is unfair on the people who do pay and then have a reduction of services due to others not paying.

If people have problems why not go to the meetings - raise the points - take action - we can't get rid of them - so why not try and improve the service???

loulou.com

I read through the minutes we received Friday, I have to ask, what kind of total moron flushes nappies down the toilet!?!

They should be named and shamed - what an absolute disgrace!

loulou.com

surely the management company knows who is doing it, these individuals should be invoiced directly! I'd imagine the nappies don't get down very far, no way they couldn't know who is doing it.

if people wanna live live like animals they should be made to pay for it!

PaulaC

surely the management company knows who is doing it, these individuals should be invoiced directly! I'd imagine the nappies don't get down very far, no way they couldn't know who is doing it.

if people wanna live live like animals they should be made to pay for it!
totally agree, who in their right mind ??????????if its in their drains they should be paying! absolutely ridiculous!!

Deesy

heya

could anyone clearly explain me is it possible to get rid of the management company in our estate and way how to do this?

loulou.com

does anybody have a copy of the contract we signed that they could scan in?
the contract should state the terms we are bound to in relation to the management company.

my thinking would be (and this is only opinion as I don't have a copy of the contract) once the developer transfers the site over to the members we can then elect two of our own members to become directors, issue notice to the managing agents that we wish to cancel services with them and then petition the company to be dissolved.

I would point out a few things first.
we would need to continue to keep up to date records and Company Filings until the company is dissolved.
we would need to confirm with fingal that they will take charge of the area in terms of cleaning, upkeep, grass cutting and so on.
the apartment owners would need to arrange amongst themselves how to deal with issues of rubbish collection, common area upkeep which they may not be happy to do.

Househunter123

I'm not entirely sure how you go about it!

One thing I do know is you have to give a minimum of 3 months notice to the current company before you over throw them. So if we had wanted to get rid of them for this year we would have had to take action last September.

Apartments and duplexes DO need to have a company - this was in their contract - this is to do with communal areas, insurance and waste management.

I don't particularly like the company we have now, but I would hate to see the place if we didn't! Most people take care of their homes and have them looking great), but even last week some people had their bins over flowing outside their house for days and kept stacking more and more bags which were blown and kicked all over the place. Granted Greyhound were at fault and did tell us to keep our bins out, but at least close them!

If we had no - one it would be the same few people doing all the work, especially now that people have started renting, not everyone is an owner occupier and will they continue to maintain their property if there not living in it and looking at the mess everyday?

Deesy

in my understanding people are waiting when management company will come and clean area. have no idea why it's too difficult to get 10 minutes and clean area beside the house. save money on gardener who comes god knows when.

can we leave appt block and duplexes on management company themselves?

each year we try to ged rid from the company but always late, is it a time to start it again and finish it? personally i can't see anything what they do/did.

Househunter123

As many people have not paid there fee's there is no hope of getting rid of the management company - loads of houses, apartments and duplex's still haven't paid last years fee let alone made an attempt at this year - so before we can even think of over throwing them everyone has had to have paid.

Also the people who have paid are receiving reduced levels of services as there is not enough money there now to have cleaners / gardeners ect out.

Deesy

have another question. we have tons of funds (sinking fund, etc). In case we get rid of the mc where these money will go?

ps: in my vision of word "fund" it's something what company accumulate till **** will happen.

Deesy

One thing I do know is you have to give a minimum of 3 months notice to the current company before you over throw them. So if we had wanted to get rid of them for this year we would have had to take action last September.
in my understanding minimum means not less, but also mean could be earlier. why wait till september?

loulou.com

I'm not entirely sure how you go about it!

Apartments and duplexes DO need to have a company - this was in their contract - this is to do with communal areas, insurance and waste management.

I don't particularly like the company we have now, but I would hate to see the place if we didn't! Most people take care of their homes and have them looking great), but even last week some people had their bins over flowing outside their house for days and kept stacking more and more bags which were blown and kicked all over the place. Granted Greyhound were at fault and did tell us to keep our bins out, but at least close them!

If we had no - one it would be the same few people doing all the work, especially now that people have started renting, not everyone is an owner occupier and will they continue to maintain their property if there not living in it and looking at the mess everyday?
Like I said I don't have a copy of the contracts so I don't know what it states in relation to the management company.

in relation to the green bins, some people are just thick and have no cop on.

Also, are people allowed to rent? I thought all buyers had to be owner occupiers?

Househunter123

have another question. we have tons of funds (sinking fund, etc). In case we get rid of the mc where these money will go?

ps: in my vision of word "fund" it's something what company accumulate till **** will happen.
:confused: There is no sinking fund there at the minute - how could there be - we are in debt!

If everyone has paid and there is fee's then the funds/money - whatever you want to call it this would transferred to the new management company.

Househunter123

in my understanding minimum means not less, but also mean could be earlier. why wait till september?
By all means go ahead and start researching - I will (and I know many people will) support it - but we can't over throw until every single fee has been paid - so the likeliness of that happen i very slim considering some people are now no longer living in Ireland and are renting their property!!!

Perhaps there is a loop hole that will let us over throw them - but if we do who do you propose will manage the estate? Fingal have said they are not taking on any new estates.

Househunter123

Like I said I don't have a copy of the contracts so I don't know what it states in relation to the management company.

in relation to the green bins, some people are just thick and have no cop on.

Also, are people allowed to rent? I thought all buyers had to be owner occupiers?
You are right loulou, it did say we have to be owner occupiers, however there is currently 3 properties - that we have confirmed are being rented (and were also on daft.ie).

The council are aware but have said there is nothing they can do as they do not have the resources to enforce this. :mad: