Agm

Deesy

By all means go ahead and start researching - I will (and I know many people will) support it - but we can't over throw until every single fee has been paid - so the likeliness of that happen i very slim considering some people are now no longer living in Ireland and are renting their property!!!

Perhaps there is a loop hole that will let us over throw them - but if we do who do you propose will manage the estate? Fingal have said they are not taking on any new estates.
in this case the easiest way for me do not pay any fees at all.

i knew a lot estates who do not pay management fees and they are pretty happy. have no idea what can management company do for me, especially if half of owners did not pay and mc does not have fund to organize gardener. no emergency line for houses. what should we pay for? why you should pay management fee if i do not?

really sorry for this annually annoying theme but fed up with them. especially last notes like 15% apr for not paying at time. are they financial institute to do this? why only 15? why not 200%?

can we live 3 years without mc and then compare do we need it?

Deesy

You are right loulou, it did say we have to be owner occupiers, however there is currently 3 properties - that we have confirmed are being rented (and were also on daft.ie).

The council are aware but have said there is nothing they can do as they do not have the resources to enforce this. :mad:
i can give you one case to explain this. Owner lost job and headed to home country. when to bank and fincoco said "can't pay. take the house back". they said back: "we can't take it. but you can rent it and pay renting money for mortgage"
so another words, they can't get rid of the house

Househunter123

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
in this case the easiest way for me do not pay any fees at all.

i knew a lot estates who do not pay management fees and they are pretty happy. have no idea what can management company do for me, especially if half of owners did not pay and mc does not have fund to organize gardener. no emergency line for houses. what should we pay for? why you should pay management fee if i do not?

really sorry for this annually annoying theme but fed up with them. especially last notes like 15% apr for not paying at time. are they financial institute to do this? why only 15? why not 200%?

can we live 3 years without mc and then compare do we need it?
Have you got on to Keenans and said any of this? It is all well and good people coming on to the forum and blowing of steam, I do it myself, but the reality is no one is giving this feedback to the MC so they know no different.

People are really brave here, but when they speak to the MC none of this is being brought up.

Keenans web page is http://www.kpm.ie/

I suggest if you have feedback send it to them or ring them

Deesy

i've done this before. can forward you full text of my email chat with niall.

as single unhappy person from pw i can't do anything except do not pay. in mc understanding if people paying for the service they are happy. have nothing done in 2008 they don't want to give money back. why should i pay money if service of my car was not done?

Househunter123

I would love to know if the people coming on here complaining about the MC and the service levels have actually even paid there fee's. :confused:

It's really unfair on those of us who have paid - we all signed an agreement the same as the people who haven't paid - and we are being forced to suffer as a result!!! :mad:

You wouldn't ring up the ESB and say your not paying - its a bill like all the rest!

Deesy

i thought it's unfair to charge people for service which was not done properly. as like ntl does not provide internet or tv service or provide only rte one instead all channels and continue charge ppl, even when ntl signed contract to provide service as well. ;-)

in case of esb i have a choice to choose electricity provider, but in our case i can't see any choice. or can i unsubscribe from them (mc)?

Househunter123

Everyone knew when they were buying in PW that there was a MC. It was stated very clearly in your contract! This is when you had your choice of whether to buy or not to buy!

How can they do the service properly when people haven't paid there fee's? There is very few small companies who can afford to give credit - we are in a recession!!!! People still haven't even paid last years fees and have the cheek to come on here complaining about the level of service. Think how the people who have paid are feeling?

Househunter123

"s like ntl does not provide internet or tv service or provide only rte one instead all channels and continue charge ppl, even when ntl signed contract to provide service as well. ;-)"

- not sure what you are talking abut here? we get all out channels and internet from NTL and have had no issues

Also you can not get your electricity from Aitricy or Bord gas (with up to a 14% saving)

loulou.com

I would be more inclined to assume the people coming on here to complain are the ones who have paid their fees, I know I wouldn't have the nerve to have a go about the management company if I didn't pay my fees. Although maybe some people feel they are entitled to a free service!

We all got the letter from Keenan yesterday showing exactly what was unpaid, maybe they need to decide to cut all services to those units that have not paid, and instigate legal proceedings as technically these people have entered into a contract and have not stuck to the conditions like the rest of us!

Househunter123

I totally agree - but you can't really cut their services, for example:

The bin shed - if someone didn't pay you can't change the locks or else you would have to issue everyone with new keys at a cost.

Insurance is paid as a whole (both block and public liability).

If you asked the gardener / cleaner not to clean one house their rubbish will blow into another - also if there house / green area is not cleaned it makes the whole area look bad.

So as usual it's the people that paid that are being made suffer :mad:

There are people who have been on here and openly said they have not paid there fee's - i know people have tough time with money but at least making an effort towards it would be a start!

PaulaC

i have paid my fees for 2008 and 2009 and have been unhappy with the service both years. last year it was the gardener, we paid a certain amount which wasn't all paid out because they fired him during the year, did we find out what happened to the balance of this amount? i asked at the meeting we had with them a few months ago and was told it went on "other things". i paid my fee again and we were promised better service in 2009 but i think its just as bad. for example the litter collection over the last few weeks hasn't been done and the estate was in bits after everyone leaving their bins out for two weeks when fingal didn't collect because of the snow. i emailed Niall twice about this and he assured me it would be done and it wasn't.

i think Deesys point is if they were completing everything they promised no one would have a problem paying but they're not so why should we continue to pay year after year when no one is satisfied with the service?? to be honest i am thinking twice about paying this year myself, i haven't got money at the moment to pay someone for nothing!!

and altho we did all know that this was an annual fee before we bought , i think its safe to assume everyone thought that they would be doing everything they're supposed to do, no one knew how bad they would be!

Househunter123

if everyone has of paid there would have been much much more done!!! and it's going to be the same this year - if only half the people pay obviously we can only get half the service.

The gardener thing happen in 2008, Andrew Weir was responsible for this, he came to the AGM last year and about 14 people bothered to show up so he was barely challenged!

Deesy

if everyone has of paid there would have been much much more done!!! and it's going to be the same this year - if only half the people pay obviously we can only get half the service.
this it wrong assumption. everybody paid in 2008 - we had nothing except maybe public insurance and rubbish collection for appts. so fullpaiment was done = nothing has been provided.

more to this to say at the end of 2008 they had 4k left on account.
simple maths:
everybody paid in 2008, even somebody came in in the middle of 2008, so basically their payment should cover half 2008 and half 2009. so in my vision average it should be enough balance to cover up to spring 2009, but we had empty account at the end 2008.

regards docs they provided - i personally do not trust these "papers". will you belive me if i scan and attach docs that i bought elephant in dublin zoo for 500 quid?

Deesy

"s like ntl does not provide internet or tv service or provide only rte one instead all channels and continue charge ppl, even when ntl signed contract to provide service as well. ;-)"

- not sure what you are talking abut here? we get all out channels and internet from NTL and have had no issues

Also you can not get your electricity from Aitricy or Bord gas (with up to a 14% saving)

as i said before just simple example: would you be happy to continue pay ntl basic tv pack subscription if they will provide only 4 channels instead 14? and they will say: we have all papers that we provide full service to you". and after one year full subscription and half-done tv they said they found bad guy called "deesy" who did not do repair service properly and he was fired. can you catch the difference between mc & example above? will the thought that deesy has been fired keep you happy after that?

Househunter123

this it wrong assumption. everybody paid in 2008 - we had nothing except maybe public insurance and rubbish collection for appts. so fullpaiment was done = nothing has been provided.

more to this to say at the end of 2008 they had 4k left on account.
simple maths:
everybody paid in 2008, even somebody came in in the middle of 2008, so basically their payment should cover half 2008 and half 2009. so in my vision average it should be enough balance to cover up to spring 2009, but we had empty account at the end 2008.

regards docs they provided - i personally do not trust these "papers". will you belive me if i scan and attach docs that i bought elephant in dublin zoo for 500 quid?
Why don't you request a copy of the accounts? As a member you are entitled to do this.

In relation to 2008 I agree, there was nothing done - and they have put there hands up and said simular - BUT when we got the opportunity to discuss / challenge / question what happened hardly anyone showed up. There was like I said about 14 of us at the AGM (despite 3 weeks notice that was given) and most people were like meek little lambs and didn't complain (granted a few of us did though)

Househunter123

as i said before just simple example: would you be happy to continue pay ntl basic tv pack subscription if they will provide only 4 channels instead 14? and they will say: we have all papers that we provide full service to you". and after one year full subscription and half-done tv they said they found bad guy called "deesy" who did not do repair service properly and he was fired. can you catch the difference between mc & example above? will the thought that deesy has been fired keep you happy after that?
If "deesy" (as you have called him) didn't have the means to do the jobs (ie the tools or in this case the finance to pay contracts to carry out work) then no I wouldn't fire him - how can you do a job without funds????

Can you build a sand castle without sand? :eek:

loulou.com

the only reason an AGM was even convened was because I complained to the ODCE about the fact that they had not filed annual returns or accounts and that they had not held an AGM.
I was in contact with the ODCE for months and when Keenan did hold the AGM it was only because they were forced to.

So Househunter123 do you think that as I was unable to attend the AGM that I have not done my bit. Plus I work in Ballsbridge so I will probably never make it to any meeting that is held at 7pm does that mean I don't care?

Deesy

Why don't you request a copy of the accounts? As a member you are entitled to do this.

In relation to 2008 I agree, there was nothing done - and they have put there hands up and said simular - BUT when we got the opportunity to discuss / challenge / question what happened hardly anyone showed up. There was like I said about 14 of us at the AGM (despite 3 weeks notice that was given) and most people were like meek little lambs and didn't complain (granted a few of us did though)
DO NOT USE MY NAME OR ANYONE ELSE NAME ON THIS FORUM, i visited almost all meetings except last one agm as i was busy at the work (plus work in city center and use train+bus to get home). And i tried to discuss 2008 with Niall as suggest that the money we paid for 2008 (when we moved in we will think that as no services have been done - we entitled for kind of refund) will think these money for 2009. And ready partially compensate things for 2008 as insurance etc but not a full payment.

so in my vision money that will be fair

Deesy

If "deesy" (as you have called him) didn't have the means to do the jobs (ie the tools or in this case the finance to pay contracts to carry out work) then no I wouldn't fire him - how can you do a job without funds????
sorry. we are talking about different things. as you mention - they fired gardener and virtually said "he was bad". are you happy with this? if he was bad that is a company issue, why customers/consumers should pay for company mistakes? :eek:

Pashtet

Is it any chance someone could get info about their annual returns for 2009? Just to see the balance they put there and what we got in the letters lately...