Any update on Sky being available in Longboat Quay?

Goofy

Update: not much.

Talked to Stephen again today.

He said the installers were out this morning. However only on a provisional basis. The go ahead has been given. And we'll be setup this week he hopes. There still finishing an installation elsewhere.

I won't be jumping for joy till I see it for myself. But hopefully all runs smoothly. I'm being cautious. But I really hope they get a move on.

I'll ring him end of week, and if no movement I might probe further.

Cya.

david1982

ah i suppose its a little bit of good news

i wont be around for a week as im going on holidays tomorrow so when i get back hopefully some progress will be made

thanks 4 ringing stephen

Goofy

Good news.

Stephen rang me back just there.

He says they have an installation date on Monday. The 5th Sept i think.

They'll put up a few small boxes on lower apt Walls, and a dish on roof.

So hopefully by Monday two weeks, we will have sky fliers that are usable.

Woohoo, I hope!

Goofy

More bad news. But an explanation. The installation was due for 5th september.
However the two Directors(ones we didn't elect) of the Longboat Quay Management Company blocked the installation. Reason was, to allow owners to vote. If they would object to boxes being placed on ground floor apartment walls. Now the Owners meeting is 15th Sept in holiday inn. I urge anyone interested in Sky to attend. 8pm onwards i believe.

Pending outcome of objections, then we will know for sure, whether we can get sky or not.

What a farce really. :(

david1982

Seriously

Some people have nothing better to do with there sad lives than to try cause misery for the rest of us.

Why would anyone object to a few boxes being put up

Hanover quay and most apartments around this area have it done

Get a life and stop being the 21st century equlivant of a nosy granny twitching at the curtins

david1982

Just been up on the roof as i have seen lads from sky going round the building the past couple of days and we have satellite dishes on top of the roofs now -- wont be long people --

dagdaMor

For those of you who signed up for Sky, if you had a broadband service from UPC were you able to keep it or are you forced to switch broadband provider to Sky too?

marnie

I am considering switching from UPC to SKY. Is the service of sky in the building good or problematic. I have found UPC broadband very poor. Service at the back of apartment is poor even with booster.
I would appreciate any feed back please.

C

Conrad

I am considering switching from UPC to SKY. Is the service of sky in the building good or problematic. I have found UPC broadband very poor. Service at the back of apartment is poor even with booster.
What speed you are getting for UPC. I live in Adamstown and is going to Switch from Magnet to UPC as magnet is closing their TV business.

Magnet quoted me 40 Euro for 100 Mb broadband with Free Calls to Irish Land Lines

UPC is much better - Free any time calls to all Irish Land Line and Mobile Numbers 24/7 - 365 days
120 Mb Fibre Broadband
25Euro for first 6 months and 45 Euro there after
Free calls to Irish Land Lines and Mobiles using mobile app where wireless is available
400 mins calls to 22 International destinations

What problems you faced with UPC?

No issues with UPC in Longboat Quay myself. Sounds like you might have a router issue.