Bathroom Light Bulbs keeps blowing?

Phibbleberry

Hi All,

Having been without a working bulb in our main bathroom for the guts of 18mths, the en-suite one has just gone, and as ugly as the light they throw off is, I'd quite like it to work again :(

Could do without it in the main bathroom (just!), but theres no natural light in the en-suite, so its a bigger issue. At the time, we tried three or four bulbs, having brought the blown one in to a few different DIY shops, as an example but were never able to find one that worked in the fitting. Has anyone mangaged to buy a bulb for any of their bathrooms? If so, please share!!

Any help would be great!

Cheers,
PB :D

Househunter123

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
we got the bulb in Atlantic last year - if i recall it was about €18.

Our down stairs one went last month - we went to B&Q and got a new fitting for only €7 and there is a lot more light from it! plus it takes a standard bulb

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9706770&fh_view_size=50&fh_eds=%3f&fh_sort_order=1&fh_sort_by=_price_rrp_min&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3C{9372110}%2fspecificationsProductType%3dkitchen___bathroom_lights&fh_search=lights&fh_refview=search&ts=1264513299115&isSearch=false

This isn't the exact one but is very simular!

Phibbleberry

Thanks HH!! Now tell me this, my other half isn't particularly DIY-minded, you'd be better yourself, knowing you ;) How easy/difficult was it to fit?? We did buy nice fancy lights two years ago to go over the 'mirrors' in the bathrooms, and they're still sitting on the floor in their boxes!!! :rolleyes:

Deesy

btw if you have GU10 bulbs i have quite a lot of spares as now i'm using led bulbs and have halogen as spare. can give it for free. shout me

Phibbleberry

btw if you have GU10 bulbs i have quite a lot of spares as now i'm using led bulbs and have halogen as spare. can get it for free. shout me
Are they the original bulbs from the three bathrooms? If they are, I'd certainly take them off your hands.. :eek:

Thanks HH - will see what I can manage! :rolleyes:

Deesy

Are they the original bulbs from the three bathrooms? If they are, I'd certainly take them off your hands.. :eek:
sorry my bad. forgot how the original bulbs looked as we replaced them with gu10 type spot light.

i thought we spoke about this type bulbs: