Boiler problems - use a 3 AMP fuse instead of the fitted 13 AMP fuse

PaulaC

I have had problems with my boiler since moving in in 2007. It keeps clicking itself on and off constantly. I had it serviced and they told me it wasn't dangerous it was an electrical fault that the timer was just clicking on and off. I had an electrician look at it and there was nothing wrong with the electrics. The other night I put on the heating and although the boiler was clicking on the rads were not heating up.

I was speaking with my neighbour last night who had the same problems and she's been told that she needs a whole new boiler.....because whoever fitted the boiler used a 13amp fuse instead of a 3amp!! I checked mine and found the same! I confirmed with an electrician who said yes it should have only been a 3amp!! If you have had any problems with your boiler this is the problem! The idiots who installed the boiler hadn't a clue what they were doing! :mad: Turn off the mains and check what fuse is in your own boiler, i assume it will be the same! If your boiler is still working change the fuse now before any more damage is done! Just thought I'd warn you all before we all need new boilers! and thanks to my neighbour for warning me! :) I'm going to change mine and just pray to god it works!!

Pashtet

I have had problems with my boiler since moving in in 2007. It keeps clicking itself on and off constantly. I had it serviced and they told me it wasn't dangerous it was an electrical fault that the timer was just clicking on and off. I had an electrician look at it and there was nothing wrong with the electrics. The other night I put on the heating and although the boiler was clicking on the rads were not heating up.

I was speaking with my neighbour last night who had the same problems and she's been told that she needs a whole new boiler.....because whoever fitted the boiler used a 13amp fuse instead of a 3amp!! I checked mine and found the same! I confirmed with an electrician who said yes it should have only been a 3amp!! If you have had any problems with your boiler this is the problem! The idiots who installed the boiler hadn't a clue what they were doing! :mad: Turn off the mains and check what fuse is in your own boiler, i assume it will be the same! If your boiler is still working change the fuse now before any more damage is done! Just thought I'd warn you all before we all need new boilers! and thanks to my neighbour for warning me! :) I'm going to change mine and just pray to god it works!!
Where exactly this Fuse is located? Going to check it today...