Car Parking

PaulaC

this is terrible! when i asked about this back in december when i moved in i was told that there would be no numbered spaces but there would be lines painted. also why the hell are we paying the management company for this year if they have no power to do anythin in the estate for the next two years!!!! that is rediculous! i missed the meeting on Monday but will defo go to the next something has to be done about this before things get out of hand and neighbours start fighting and causing a horrible atmosphere! i'm just so lucky that we have really nice neighbours we both park outside our own doors and i ask visitors not to park in front of their front door too, but as you say i'm sure it won't be that easy when more people start moving in! there is a definate lack of parking and it has to be sorted one way or another!

Zonko

Cars Parking...

Whoever owns the cars that are just abandoned and havn't moved for months can they kindly move them or face them being removed. there is plenty of parking spaces at the front of the estate and beside the apartments that are never used instead of taking up valuable space in front of peoples houses.

You know who you are, so don't be so feckkin rude and think of others.

Househunter123

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
Hi All,

Just an FYI - we are sending a letter to the creche (this will be the third communcation) asking them to ask their customers to park in the designated car park instead of in the middle of the street.

Rgds

HH123

PaulaC

Hi All,

Just an FYI - we are sending a letter to the creche (this will be the third communcation) asking them to ask their customers to park in the designated car park instead of in the middle of the street.

Rgds

HH123
yeah its rediculous that they have a car park right outside but people are too lazy to walk a few feet more and clog up the entire road by parking right outside the door, you'd understand if the carpark was full but it does be empty!

Househunter123

Its so dangerous, one of the kids will be hit, or a car door taken of. Plus the inconvenience of having to wait till they load their car. I was left waiting for a few minutes one day while someone double parked and ran into to collect a child. No one could get by.

llbedford

[--edited--] neighbours!

hi all,

is it just me or has anyone noticed that there's been absolutely no change in the parking problems! It's really getting to be a pain in the a** carrying 2 sleeping children, pram, shopping etc. from halfway down the road because your neighbours (one side only) [--edited--]

I've got to the stage where I've had to park in my other neighbours' parking spaces, which I feel really s**t about but I've really no choice!

I've tried speaking to them rationally about this and other issues but they just get confrontational and/or violent.

It's a rediculous situation... any suggestions??
has anyone else to put up with this crap??

just had to vent before my head exploded!
Lisa B.

loulou.com

why was this post edited by househunter123?

I read the original post and thought it was disgraceful that any neighbour would act like that but I am also curious as to why this post was edited by anyone apart from llbedford.

Gatsby46

Househunter123 is the moderator of this site so if she feels certain posts need editing, she is the only one as far as I know who has authority to do this. You can't edit your own message!

Househunter123

why was this post edited by househunter123?

I read the original post and thought it was disgraceful that any neighbour would act like that but I am also curious as to why this post was edited by anyone apart from llbedford.
The post was edited as abusive language is not tolerated on this site.

Everyone has the right to have their say but in a diplomatic way.

loulou.com

the word racist is not abusive language, if she had used a racist word or term then i would completely agree with editing the post, but the fact is she didn't.
i doubt anyone would find the post offensive in its unedited form.

Gatsby46

the word racist is not abusive language, if she had used a racist word or term then i would completely agree with editing the post, but the fact is she didn't.
While being in support of the person in question who complained about parking problems, I don't think it was the word 'racist' that was the issue. This is a public domain, therefore accessible to everyone, so it was in her interest I feel to have it edited. there should hopefully be other ways and means of dealing with the situation in question.

Gatsby46

Also are you quite sure nobody would be offended?? think about the people it was aimed at perhaps.

loulou.com

this is an anonymous forum, how can anyone take offence to something that was not directed at any person in particular, no names were mentioned. we don't know the people involved and that's how it should be.

perhaps someone should inform rte, bbc and sky that they should remove the word "racist" from their headlines in case it upsets anyone!!

Gatsby46

this is an anonymous forum, how can anyone take offence to something that was not directed at any person in particular, no names were mentioned. we don't know the people involved and that's how it should be.

perhaps someone should inform rte, bbc and sky that they should remove the word "racist" from their headlines in case it upsets anyone!!
can I ask how long have you lived on the estate?
Also Lisa signed her name at the end of her post so names were mentioned and you can only have two neighbours so there is a chance of identification.
Again, while being in strong support of Lisa, it is the authority of the moderator to edit the page.
Please go ahead and contact the media you mentioned if you feel strongly about the issue. You stated your opinion that you don't think the word 'racist' is an abusive word, but you must respect others who feel it is.

loulou.com

that's the whole point, i don't think it should be such an issue that it was edited!
and it really is no one's business how long anyone has lived in the estate and i really can't see how it is relevent here.

mustangsally

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else having issues at the moment with people taking their parking space(s)? After the first few months, it worked pretty well for us for the past 2 years but now it's been a month and people (I think guests as they don't look like familiar cars to me) have started again parking just in front of our door. This is really annoying AND disrespectful! We only have one car and the only thing that we ask is to leave that space free. I understand that with the warm season people want to have guests over but it's simply not acceptable to have them park wherever they want. I certainly do not do that.

Missque

i totally understand where you are coming from , very frustrating, i have a nightmare every sunday as one of my neighbours has their church , and the amount of cars and disruption they cause on leaving , and i just had enough with them on sunday , i went out and was like a crazy loone at the neighbour. she apologiesed, but i know the same is goign to happen this week again, think its a case of we respect our neighbours but they don't respect us :(