Carrigmore Vs The Befry

darranstore

can anyone help me ???
im lookin to spend 317000 on a 2 bed in either the befry hall or carrigmore cresent ????
i have found one in each that i like tho carrigmore has no ensuite but its finished very nice>>>> there seems to be pros and cons for both developements ...
please someone shed some light on on why there are so many properties for sale and weither carrigmore oo the belfry is the better buy ...

macrubicon

I think that most people in Carrigmore and the Belfry are in at least 2 years now... so people are moving up, a new family in a 2 bed apt. is not ideal etc.

Also the price was certainly right when both developments originally sold... I would imagine a good few people are cashing in on the difference in the prices...

darranstore

i see

i see, do u think im mad to even consider buying in either, will they keep dropping as time goes on ... and if ur from around there which is the better development
cheers

carrigmore_Eve

hi i have been here since the beginning of the development and have always considered carrigmore the better option. I think that with luas planned for across the road and the estates proximity to the new shopping centre I dont think you could go that wrong! Good luck with your decision!

darranstore

cheers eve,

carrigmore looks like the nicer development i think tho when i was viewing an apartment in the cresent i could here the neighbours washing machine running yesterday, my heads wrecked with all this and its hard to fond out what sound installation and what the neighbours are like without living there .......................

Hi,

One of the main things to consider is the address, Carrigmore is Co.Dublin The Belfry is Tallaght Dublin 24. Thats not me being a snob but its a fact. I use to live in the inner city before I moved to Carrigmore so I am anything but snobby!!!!

darranstore

fare point delboy!
im not a snob at all either but concerned about resale as it is my first home and dont plan on spending the rest of my life in it, seems like a nice bunch living in carrigmore abd for the same price as the belfry its seems like good value, the commercial units on the ground floor in the belfry would concern me aswell regarding parking and people hanging about right at the door of ur apt.. delboy if u live in the cresent could u shed some light on the crowd living in the cresent (any prob etc..) and whst
s the sound installation like ????
Cheers

Brian2

Prices will keep dropping

I would hold off buying for a while, if you can, as it looks like prices will continue to fall. A two bed for 317k now, will be selling for 290k by the end of the year.

There are 6 apartments in Carrigmore Crescent for sale right now. Theres no rush. One by one they'll start knocking 10k off the asking price soon to try to attract some bidders.

I'm half tempted to delete this post and would request that you edit it in some way please. It's attitudes like that that will cause the prices to fall and I can't believe someone is talking down where they bought themselves like that. People use this site, and others similar, when researching areas they are thinking of buying in and offputting posts do influence decisions.
If you have a crystal ball please share next Saturday's lotto numbers with us, otherwise realise that such comments are extremely unsettling and unhelpful as it's all about sentiment and confidence.

darranstore

il take all that onboard!
tho a bit confused with the pricing at the moment...
a few 2 beds in carrigmore court all round the 317,000 mark and none really shifting. 2 x 3 bed penthouses, 1 @399,000 and 1 @325,000 sale agreed. a few other properties such as 2 bed own door apr @317,000 tho new in carrig court there 340,000. a few duplexes that all look the same starting at 360,000 going to 400,000 and none sale agreeed. now this is sorta the same story everywhere at the mo with the whole pending stamp duty tho alot of these properties are under the tresh hold. pretty sure it will all sort itself out as for the cash with the shopping centre opening soon and proposed luas it seems a good spot !

Brian2

Good deals to be had in Carrigmore

.... it's all about sentiment and confidence.
Actually its all about the market. And right now its a buyers market. Buyers can get deals if they ask for them.
DarranStore has the right to get the best deal he can. If he wants to buy now, then he should find four apartments he likes, then subtract 30% from the asking price and make offers at that level. One of them will probably accept. If not he can always raise his offer by 10k.

If the market falls, owner occupiers wont be hurt because theyre in it for the long term. Its only a few investors who might lose in the short term.

If I was him Id definetly buy in Carrimore because its way nicer.:D

darranstore

actually a bit disappointed...
ive been takin to long to make up my mind as i thought i could between the belfry and carrigmore. i decided a few days ago on carrigmore cause it is way nicer alright and went to make an offer on an apt ive viewed twice which was a pretty nice pad and rang up today to make an offer and it was sale agreed ! and for 2 grand over acking ! so stuff is startin to shift...................................... and here was me thinkin id get it for 300,000:(

dee hanlon

Soundproofing of houses in Carrigmore

I'm thinking of buying a three or four bed semi detached house in Carrigmore but worried about sound insulation between the houses. I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me how they've found it. I'm moving out of my present place because the soundproofing is so bad and terrified that the same thing could happen!

darranstore

I'm thinking of buying a three or four bed semi detached house in Carrigmore but worried about sound insulation between the houses. I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me how they've found it. I'm moving out of my present place because the soundproofing is so bad and terrified that the same thing could happen!
i know someone living in a 3 bed duplex and they say the sound instalation is grand, big family living next to him and cant here a thing usually! do u mind me asking at the moment what are prepared to pay for a 3 bed in carrigmore as im sorta startin to look down tat road myslef. the duplex 3 beds seem to be a good buy at about 350,000 or less at the mo

darranstore

im in !
well sorta....
special thanks to the neighbours who helped fill my skip for me ! im suprised A1 waste even collected it since it was about 6 ft over level... should have just used the bin shed ... anything seems to go in there, sure if u dig deep enough u might even find a body :rolleyes:

minnieoco

The housing market is all about sentiment and confidence...

Very true!!

I know you're trying to help the original poster, but can you not see my point about talking negatively about prices in the place you live?
So interesting to read this post now 2013. with the benefit of hindsight we would all be so wise...