Cats -Chandler building

thevillage_Paul

Has anyone else seen the cats on the rooftop garden in the chandler? Reckon they belong to the riding stables.
There was a letter with the maintenance fee this month about them causing problems, scratching doors etc. I'd love to know who complained. They only seem to be kittens, really cant see what damage they could do. They do no harm at all and probably help to keep vermin etc away.

muckwarrior

They seem to belong to an apartment on the first floor. We gave Brendan the apartment number but apparently they denied ownership.

We were also wondering just how much damage kittens could cause, although I could understand how it'd be annoying if they were crapping on your balcony. We'd be sad to see them go though, and told Brendan so.

thevillage_Paul

I agree, sad to see them go. Pretty sure they're not feril, they've come up to us a few times and doubt that'd happen if they were wild.

I reckon we leave them be. Maybe start a petition to keep them?

muckwarrior

I wouldn't be very optimistic about getting too many signatures tbh, but certainly no harm in registering your opinion with Brendan too.

The problem is though, if nobody is claiming ownership (despite the mother cat's owner appearing to actively look after them) then I can't see them being allowed stay. Especially since such a large group of cats would probably require a lot of care including vaccinations, neutering etc.

R

rafalmis32

Hi All

I have been feeding them for a long time on my balcony (first floor - no.35). They have just came up in the mid of October last year. Two of them are really very friendly. I have never noticed any damage or scratched doors. Just a small advise to this guy who complained: cats (for your information) are useful animals and can clear area from all the insects.

Kind regards

Rafal

Suesse

Pest control are back :-(

Hi everyone,
It seems that the cat-hater wasn't content with having most of the kittens put down. I've noticed that the traps are back! So, even though they are clearly pets and are doing absolutely no harm they're facing being trapped and killed.
I'd rather see them rehomed than killed (God knows how!) by pest control.
I love the cats and I'd really miss them but it seems that Wyse won't quit til The Chandler is cat-free. (Although it's likely that a new group of cats will replace them. That's the nature of cat colonies.)
The smart thing to do would be to have them neutered and returned to the roof garden, where they can continue to play and catch rats/ mice, but I doubt Wyse will be so reasonable.
I can arrange to have them trapped, neutered and released/ rehomed.
If you own these cats please PM me ASAP or contact Wyse before pest control get them :-/

R

rafalmis32

Cats story

Hi everyone,
It seems that the cat-hater wasn't content with having most of the kittens put down. I've noticed that the traps are back! So, even though they are clearly pets and are doing absolutely no harm they're facing being trapped and killed.
I'd rather see them rehomed than killed (God knows how!) by pest control.
I love the cats and I'd really miss them but it seems that Wyse won't quit til The Chandler is cat-free. (Although it's likely that a new group of cats will replace them. That's the nature of cat colonies.)
The smart thing to do would be to have them neutered and returned to the roof garden, where they can continue to play and catch rats/ mice, but I doubt Wyse will be so reasonable.
I can arrange to have them trapped, neutered and released/ rehomed.
If you own these cats please PM me ASAP or contact Wyse before pest control get them :-/
Hi there,

It is really sad and paintful to hear about what you have noticed. We were sure the people who wanted deal with them (give the new home) just choosed the simplest way just to kill. We used to feed them and look after them, especially these 2 beutiful kittens who looked like Norwegian forests cats, and I am sure they were. Very intelligents and smart never left any mess at our home or on the balcony.

I guess neighbours (chandler building) who used to raised the issue about them should be proud now. Probably never did anything for the animals and hate them watching from apt (and I bet those are not even homeowners).Selfish carycatures!

I noticed these only two still on the area, but the seem to be untrusthy and careful now.

Well good luck on the case, dont think anyone owns these cats, so just carry on.

Animal lover.