Chance to talk about with the area where you live

Have you any problems with the area where you live? Are you unhappy with any local services or amenities? Can you think of anything that would improve the quality of life in your area?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you might be interested in reading the
rest of this post.

Over the last 20 years, there has been a massive increase in the number of people living
in apartments and multifunctional dwellings. While the design of apartments and multifunctional dwellings often represent dynamic and innovative new living space concepts, many of these developments are located in developing areas. Consequently, residents have very specific needs, particularly when it comes to Security, the local built environment (Roads, Public Lighting and Green Spaces), and the often complex relationship with management companies.

For the last 5 years I have been working as an assistant to Minister Noel Ahern, and have spent a lot of time dealing with problems related to the areas outlined above. This year, I have been selected as a local election candidate for the Ballymun-Finglas Ward, which includes the area where you live.

Irrespective of anyone’s political views, I would very much welcome the chance to listen to residents suggestions about what could be done to make the area around your home a better place to live. However, one of the key difficulties I have encountered is getting to talk directly with residents, as the physical dimensions of many developments means it is impossible to engage in the traditional door to door canvassing at election time (A Bonus, some of you may think!). Therefore, what I propose is this – I will meet any resident (Or Groups of residents) after 7pm mon-fri on any evening that suits you in the lobby of your building, or any other convenient location. Alternatively, I have an office in the Ballymun Enterprise Centre with meeting room space, and will be glad to accommodate any resident or groups of residents that would like to arrange a meeting.

I really do appreciate that many people may be quite cynical about politics at the moment, and to be honest, I don’t agree with every decision made by the government at the moment. That said, I still believe that Fianna Fail are the best option to lead the country back to economic prosperity. I have dealt with the economy and other issues in greater detail on my website www.niallmccullagh.ie and newsletter, but I think we should remember that the elections on June 5th are local elections – Where you have to decide who can give you the best representations at local level.

I would like to thank anyone who took the time to read this post. I will reply to anyone who contacts me by PM, e-mail or telephone, but after this I will only post on this board if I have information I think will be of use to local residents (For example, if I receive information from Dublin Bus or one of the local authorities). It is not that I am unwilling to listen to complaints or debate issues (I have listed all my contact details below and I would encourage people to contact me), I just believe that it would be unfair to clog up a residents board with political debates, (and I am a brutally slow typist).

Kindest Regards,

Níall McCullagh
01 6184369 (Office Hours)
086-8552736 ( Anytime)
Email: info@niallmccullagh.ie
Web: www.niallmccullagh.ie