Cleaning apartment blocks

HTwood

When I moved into Hunterswood, communal areas of apartment blocks were cleaned every week or so as part of our management fee. This was changed in 2016 and the lobby and stairwells are now only cleaned about every 5 weeks. Does anyone on the Management Company know if this will be reviewed in 2017. Our apartment block gets really dirty after a couple of weeks of people tramping in and out and up the stairs with wet shoes etc. It also starts to smell really bad.

I was getting my apartment valued a couple of days ago and the estate agent commented on the shabby looking communal areas and said it would make a bad first impression, so I'm not too happy.

I go down myself every now and then with a mop and try and give the place a wipe but it really requires proper equipment and a more industrial style hoover to get it looking reasonably clean.

Onoono79

When I moved into Hunterswood, communal areas of apartment blocks were cleaned every week or so as part of our management fee. This was changed in 2016 and the lobby and stairwells are now only cleaned about every 5 weeks. Does anyone on the Management Company know if this will be reviewed in 2017. Our apartment block gets really dirty after a couple of weeks of people tramping in and out and up the stairs with wet shoes etc. It also starts to smell really bad.

I was getting my apartment valued a couple of days ago and the estate agent commented on the shabby looking communal areas and said it would make a bad first impression, so I'm not too happy.

I go down myself every now and then with a mop and try and give the place a wipe but it really requires proper equipment and a more industrial style hoover to get it looking reasonably clean.
Don the maintenance man in the estate was very good at cleaning up communal areas and is very helpful.I think they put him on a three day week ,but he is very good and worth talking too.

HTwood

Don the maintenance man in the estate was very good at cleaning up communal areas and is very helpful.I think they put him on a three day week ,but he is very good and worth talking too.
The problem is that the Management Co. seem to have agreed that the apartment blocks will now only be cleaned every few weeks, in order to use the money (and presumably the caretaker's time) for other things. Before this, it was part of our contract that the apartments would receive a weekly clean.

I'm just hoping this will be reviewed next year as it really isn't working out. Our lobby and stairwells are really dirty, the carpet is starting to smell and the walls are covered in black marks. I don't really understand the logic. I wasn't able to attend the AGM but someone told me it turned into a bit of a row between house holders and those living in apartments.

CodeJACK

Come along this year to the AGM and voice your opinion. Also, take a look at the book that J&S put in the letter box last week. I think I recall that common area's are due to be overhauled next year. The general deficit in the books was to blame for many cuts last year and selective jobs being done.

HTwood

Come along this year to the AGM and voice your opinion. Also, take a look at the book that J&S put in the letter box last week. I think I recall that common area's are due to be overhauled next year. The general deficit in the books was to blame for many cuts last year and selective jobs being done.
Thanks. I will really try to get away from work in time for this year's meeting.