Communiaal Bins

Househunter123

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
Hi,

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new communal bin idea?

I think its great, house owners will make a significant saving, as well as the estate looking much cleaner. The last green bin day there was bins, bags, rubbish and boxes blowing everywhere.

Anyway let me know what you think

HH123

winnie81

Hi,

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new communal bin idea?

I think its great, house owners will make a significant saving, as well as the estate looking much cleaner. The last green bin day there was bins, bags, rubbish and boxes blowing everywhere.

Anyway let me know what you think

HH123
Hi,

I really don't like the idea. The amount of rubbish accumultating in one place doesn't seem sanitary. Also could you imagine running round with full bags of rubbish in weather like this. I think I'll just change from Fingal.:rolleyes:
Could you give me Niall's email address. I've lost the letter and would like to get back to him about it.

Thanks

sporan

Hi

The email is nusher@kpm.ie.
I think it is a terrible idea,
The bin house is not constructed properly poor drainage etc. and is not able to cope with the amount of users it currently has.
There will always be people who dump non domestic rubbish and this will only increase and we will have to pay for its removal.
It is too close to apartments and everytime someone opens the bin shed it is very noisy.
If the bin shed is moved to an area that is not too close to someones home (the green area at the estate entrance)and constructed properly then i would have no problem with everyone using it.

PaulaC

Niall had said in the letter that it would save the houses money but at the mo i only pay €110 to fingal per year and only need to put out my black bin once every 4-5 weeks so i doubt it will be cost effective for me!
i do like that we wouldn't have the bins in front of the houses so it would look better but if you say the bin sheds aren't able to hold more rubbish ....and as you say who pays for the extra non domestic waste to be removed?

winnie81

I am also wondering if the majority of houses agree to this does that mean all houses fees will go up to cover this?? At the moment I have no grass outside my house for the gardener to cut and we trim our own hedges. i don't mind having to pay for that as it is our own choice to do it ourselves but i am not paying for the use of a binshed and paying Fingal/Panda. Will it be an all or no-one?? As i said I have lost the letter so can't remember exactly what it said.

Househunter123

My understanding is it would cost 100 euro per house - at present I pay 110 per year for my pins and last year we had out bin out 15 times (roughly once every 3 - 4 weeks) - this cost 120 euro (8euro per bin tag x 15 times a year = 120) so for me it would be a saving of 130 Also I always forget the tags and need to fly around on a Sunday night :mad:

Also i don't have a side entrance so my 3 bins are stored at the front of the house which looks awful and if I miss a week there is no where to store my extra rubbish for 2 weeks. And Fingal have missed two collections this year - not much but with the win the rubbish was blowing around.

With more people using the bin shed it would be emptied more - at present it is emptied once a week - this would increase to at least twice a week so rubbish would be there less.

Its just a proposal right now - but personally I like the idea

loulou.com

I think it is a dreadful idea, if its voluntary well and good for those that want it but i don't, I can be in control of my own waste, we recycle a lot and I would hate the idea of wasting my time sorting then for some total idiot to dump non recyclables in on top, people won't care what or where they dump rubbish, out of site and out of mind. A bin shed in the only green area in the estate is a terrible idea btw, that's hardly the first thing you want to see when you come into the estate!

Househunter123

The bin shed wouldn't be in the same area it currently is - behind the wall - you can't see it unless you have a key to access

loulou.com

I hope this idea gets canned, its stupid to expect everyone to keep it tidy, people can barely look after their rubbish as it is so imagine what it would be like when they start thinking i've dumped it so not my problem anymore, someone else will deal with it.

I assume this was your suggestion HH123 if you are pushing it so much but I think unless its a 100% on this then I don't think it should be forced on anyone.

wtc1983

bin shed

hi every1 ive just moved into phibblestown and was wondering could anybody tell me where the bin shed actually is as i havent yet been able to find it?

Pashtet

Looks like Panda have new prices which are cheaper than Fingal co co...

Annual Service Charge € 88.00 (Fingal 110E)
Lift € 6.40 (Fingal 8E)

From my observations Panda always collecting bins despite the weather, cant say the same about Fingal (Greyhound)

I support the idea to have communal bin for houses but it looks a lot of people does not want it.

Deesy

i dunno if it's possible just let say if 5 houses will decide to go with communal bins, they just split cost between them and apartment. if more and we will need more bins - price will rise due order more bins as required.

loulou.com

prices will rise as the bins will need to be emptied more often too and i don't appreciate the bin trucks for the apartments showing up at 6.30am most weeks so imagine if this is two or three times a week, not considerate at all! so basically if you want more noise, more mess and more money going to the management company then go with the communal bins idea but i personally won't be!

Deesy

let say if only i will decide to join communal rubbish, should they order second truck? i would not force everybody to join this. and then depends of amount of rubbish check what will be the easier - order additional service and share prices or add one more bin.
fedup with rubbish in estate when bloody fingal coco does not send trucks.