Cracks/Pyrite

SHNEY

Hi all, It has been confirmed that I have Pyrite in my foundations. I am in the process of gathering documents to provide to Homebond to proceed with the claim. The probelm however is that based on the Homebond agreement, the limit of payment is 38,000 per house but only 508,000 per estate. So, if many houses are affected, 38,000 will not be provided. Seemingly it costs 50-70,000 to cover the repair. My insurance does not cover it. I am purposly not mentioning the estate as that would decrease the re-sale value of the houses. 1) Is anyone else in this siutation? 2) Are you interested in getting together as a group and proceed from there? 3)Has anyone proceeded with this issue? 4) Has anyone contaced the TD's? I look forward to hearing from you.

starsky1976

Hi,

i've just received confirmation from homebond re pyrite in the foundations. I'm waiting to clarify our position with a solicitor. not sure if we're from the same area but if you want to send me a personal email, just pm me.

spw

Hi,

I have just realised I have this problem too. Where's the best place to start with this - shuould I contact Homebond first or contact the builder directly?

starsky1976

I would contact Homebond straight away although they are not the best at getting back to you but probably contacting the builder is a waste of time.

misguided

Pyrite

Register the concern with the developer. Keep a copy of the letter.
After about 4 weeks, during which the builder will probably not respond, send the Homebond claim form and a copy of the letter you sent to the builder in to Homebond. Don't expect a quick response. It is important to follow these steps as you could lose time by not registering your issue with the builder first.

I am 18 months down the tracks and still awaiting any progress.

Shane McEntee (Fine Gael) in Meath has been great. I am not even in his county let alone his constituency and he has been very active on our behalf.
We are a development of apartments based in the Fingal area. The Developer and builder are now in receivership so there is no chance of them paying out.

It is a good time to get your local politicians working on this!!

Good luck