Eurospar/Meakstown community area

dublin11_Paula

Just wondering if anyone else is fed up with the state of the area that is the Eurospar, chipper and bookies. I'm not referring to the bricked up windows of unoccupied buildings, although that is a disgrace, but the lack of cleaning and maintenance in that area. Being closer to the new shopping centre I don't really have much reason to head down to Eurospar but I did recently and I couldn't believe the state of the area. Everything was dirty. Rubbish all over the place, the shops don't seem to clean their shop fronts and more smashed lights in the laneway footpath to the carpark at the back of Eurospar. Who is responsible for maintaining this area? The shopkeepers or Fingal County Council?

Ruadhri Ardiff

Hi Paula,
Walked there yesterday with my daughter and a disgrace allright.
I imagine that there are some regulations, be it Fingal CC etc, problem is that it's on the border with Dublin Corp and therefore no one's fault. Leave it with me and I'll get back. I think it's the shops' responsibility so I'll get back.
R

Ruadhri Ardiff

Just to let you know I've emailed BoyleSports and Spar, will get a dialogue going then bring in the politicians and the councillors, will also get some bye laws together and get their act together.
Once I have some contact details I'll post them up so we can all get an email campaign together when we're on solid legal ground.
Thanks,
R

Paul

Actually, Fisher Property Management are responsible for the maintenance of that area (same management agent for Cityside and CityGate).

Ruadhri Ardiff

I've had a reply from Spar that was encouraging and a response from Boylesports saying we'll look into it.
Also had the fisher lead. I plan to get a master list of these people together and publish it, along with our councillors and tds. As I mentioned any leads on Bye Laws on this matter will help as well as litter wardens. A friends father is one (of five I think) so I'll get him on board as well.
Real problem of course are the knackers whose parents spend family time in the pub and couldn't care less what their kids do, never mind teaching them to respect others.
How and ever, will be offside for a couple of days but will return.
Again, any and all help welcome and we can get a campaign together to clean it up.
Over and out.
R

Paul

There is one single litter warden for the whole of the Fingal area. Very hard to get anything done that way.

Fingal County Council have been out, a number of times, with the Meakstown Resident's Association, looking at the area and trying to plan what to do.

It might be no harm if you contacted the Meakstown Resident's Association, rather than duplicating what they have already done.

But, Fisher Property are the main company you need to contact and hassle about the upkeep of that area there.

dublin11_Paula

Thanks, that's no problem. Out of interest what are the contact details for the Meakstown Residents Association? I have never received anything from them through the door like I used to with the Charlestown Residents Association, and I went to all of their meetings. I am NOT saying they don't supply info but I've never gotten any in regards to news updates or when meetings are on. Do they only post notice of meetings on this website?

Paul

Their email address is meakstownra@hotmail.com

Not sure about anything else. I think they distribute leaflets through the doors, using people who live in each area. I've had one or two leaflets about meetings.

Maybe there's no one in the Charlestown to deliver the leaflets? Not sure.

dublin11_Paula

hi,

Emailed the meakstown assoc and they have now been renamed Lanesborough Assoc as they only represent Lanesborough now due to lack of interest from Charlestown and area being too big to cover.

Does anyone know if there is any assoc representing Charlestown. I would like to know when the estate is going to be taken over by Fingal.

thanks

dublin11_thestig

Moderator (Charlestown)
I think it's very dissapointing to read that the Meakstown RA has renamed to Lanesborough RA due to lack of interest from Charlestown residents. Considering the only information I've read from that particular RA has been online, I'm not surprised that there hasn't been any interest from Charlestown residents. I'd say that most of them either don't know about this site or they may not have internet access (broadband or otherwise) to be able to view the information.
I was made aware of this site back when the administrator was setting it up and contact him at that point to get Charlestown set up as an estate.

I think a door-to-door mail drop is essential to promote a website if that is the only place information is going to be shared of this nature. Unfortunately I don't have the resources to do a mail drop to highlight this site but if Meakstown RA took over from the Charlestown RA and is now only representing Lanesborough then it is very disappointing to read.

Charlestown hasn't been handed over to the council due to Empire Homes dragging their feet on a few issues.

Paul

I think it's very dissapointing to read that the Meakstown RA has renamed to Lanesborough RA due to lack of interest from Charlestown residents. Considering the only information I've read from that particular RA has been online, I'm not surprised that there hasn't been any interest from Charlestown residents.

There was a Charlestown Resident's Association at one stage. I think they even had funds organised.

There were a number of public meetings held by the then Meakstown RA, over in the Deputy Mayor. Notices were dropped through doors of Lanesborough, Cityside and Charlestown. I attended two of those meetings. I know a committee was elected and formed, but after that, it seemed that the Charlestown RA didn't want to join forces, from what I heard, and same with the Cityside RA. So, you can't blame the Meakstown RA from just becoming a Lanesborough RA.

It's really a shame since we're all fairly much after the same thing in the whole area. But I guess a committee can only do so much.

Oh, and I'm not a member of the Lanesborough RA committee.

Paul

I see that Fisher Property Management have applied for retention permission for the barrier over the entrance to Eurospar and those shops.

The more people who object to this the better. I believe that even Eurospar are going to lodge an objection, since it has adversely effected their business and deliveries.

Details on objections -

Here are the details regarding the planning application for the barrier.

If you go to the Fingal County Council website and do a planning search - ref F08A/0599 the details are up about the barrier

Commenting on a Planning Application

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Planning/PlanningApplications/PlanningInformationLeaflets/FileDownload,5275,en.pdf

How Do I Object to a Planning Application ?
Anybody can lodge their comments on a Planning Application. This must be done within five weeks of the date the application was lodged with the Council. All objections must also be accompanied by the €20 fee as required by the Department of the Environment and Local Government.

Please note that objections/submissions will be available on the website including names & addresses, and telephone numbers & email addresses (if any).

Details on the kind of things you can object to are given in the leaflet below.

Commenting on a Planning Application (PL3)

Is my objection to an application confidential ?

No. All members of the public can view objections on planning applications at our offices and also on our website. We retain our files for public viewing for seven years.

What happens if I want to withdraw my objection ?
There is no mechanism in the regulations for the withdrawal of an objection. You may however, make a further addition to your submission instructing the Planning Authority to disregard your original observation. This must be done as soon as possible, as we can only accept any form of submission on a planning application within the first five weeks. Both letters then remain on the file.

How long does it take to make a decision ?
When the five week observation period is over the decision will be made within three weeks. All parties who commented on a planning application will be notified of the decision. This is done by registered post except if additional information is requested.

What happens next ?
If you are not happy with the decision the Planning Authority has made, you can appeal this decision to An Bord Pleanala,

Is there any circumstance under which I can make an appeal if I have not made a submission within the five week period?

Under Article 37 (6) (a) of the Planning and Development Act 200 a person who has an interest in land adjoining the application site may “apply to the Board for leave to appeal”.. This means they have the right to make a case to the Board that they should be allowed to appeal. This must be done within four weeks from the date of the Notification of Decision.

Ruadhri Ardiff

Paul,
What are your thoughts on
1: Helping to complain
2: Setting up a new Residents Association?

Perhaps pm me and we can meet to have a chat!

Meanwhile,
I've been back on about the state of the centre esp in the past week, and bar boylesports they've been slow to reply.
I suggest all interested parties start complaining in writing to the people's email addresses below.

Steven O'Dwyer
sodwyer@bwg.ie Spar Meakstown Manager
Emma Gartland
egartland@bwg.ie
NBegley@BOYLESPORTS.COM Meakstown Representative
paul@fisherproperty.ie Paul Fisher - Managing Director
roisin.shortall@oireachtas.ie
pat.carey@oirechtas.ie
noel.ahern@oireachtas.ie

I've begun to ask immediate neighbours to get moving, it's a start I guess.

R

dublin11_thestig

Moderator (Charlestown)
There was a Charlestown Resident's Association at one stage. I think they even had funds organised.

There were a number of public meetings held by the then Meakstown RA, over in the Deputy Mayor. Notices were dropped through doors of Lanesborough, Cityside and Charlestown. I attended two of those meetings. I know a committee was elected and formed, but after that, it seemed that the Charlestown RA didn't want to join forces, from what I heard, and same with the Cityside RA. So, you can't blame the Meakstown RA from just becoming a Lanesborough RA.

Oh, and I'm not a member of the Lanesborough RA committee.
Thanks for the response Paul.

I should point out that I'm a resident in Charlestown but not on the RA. I'd also like to point out that apart from 1 notice that I personally printed out and dropped through over 150 mailboxes in Charlestown, I haven't received through the letterbox ANY mailings about meetings taking place at any stage in the pub. Any information I've seen about meetings has been online and not in every forum (or at least not highlighted).
I think it might be beneficial for each estate to have their own RA but perhaps on a quarterly basis all the association members would meet and discuss common objectives.

As I say I'm not on a RA, I'd really don't want to be on one either but I would like to know that as a resident there is a place or some people we can go to to raise issues (and not have debates about issues on-line)