Flooding in Car Park

Beanie

Moderator (Bradogue Court)
Has anyone had any contact with the management company on this and update us here as to what you have been told.

I have contacted them once on the flooding and was told it was in hand. But clearly it isn't.

Beanie

Update from Fisher Management: The car park was recently flooded out due to the sump pump breaking down. A new pump has been ordered and replaced by a private contractor. The invoice is to be forwarded to the builder.

Great that we are having no issues with getting the builder to look after these things.

Megawatt

Surely, i don't see the problem to be pumping of water out of the car park, but flow of storm-water into the carpark through the cable conduits on the walls was not channelled to the drains.

These discharge directly to the floor of the carpark while there is no grade (or too low)to direct it to the drains.

Wait and see what happens after the said pump is installed and you will appreciate what I am talking about here.

Beanie

Hey Megawatt - what do you think of the car park? Still problems down there in patches.

Megawatt

You will note that we have not had any significant rainfall since my last posting.

However, we should confirm that very shortly----I hope

dublin7_Ciara

Flooding in CarPark

Hi

Just to give you some more info re. flooding in Car Park. I have taken this up on a number of occassions with the Management Company, and I understand there is an issue between the builders and designers of apartment block. I keep hearing that it is under consideration but nothing has happenned and every time there is rain......we have floods. I have had to change my car parking space as a result, as my original is continually under water.

Would like to bring up as an issue for the next residents meeting, anyone any idea when this will be?

Best

Ciara

newkid

My space is also flooded.

Hi

Just to give you some more info re. flooding in Car Park. I have taken this up on a number of occassions with the Management Company, and I understand there is an issue between the builders and designers of apartment block. I keep hearing that it is under consideration but nothing has happenned and every time there is rain......we have floods. I have had to change my car parking space as a result, as my original is continually under water.

Would like to bring up as an issue for the next residents meeting, anyone any idea when this will be?

Best

Ciara

Hi Ciara,

I too have a flooded space and have been onto the Management Company, Developer and Architect and still have no satisfactory answer.

It may be tedious but I'm glad to hear that other people are also chasing them for answers. If we all keep the pressure on we will get it sorted eventually but time is running out because Liang O'Rourke, the builders, are trying to get out as we speak. Once that happens we will not have a leg to stand on. If you have any cracks in your walls or eggshelling in the paint on your ceilings you'll need to get them in to repaint before they disappear.

I can email you contact details for the Architect and Developer if you need them as the Developer is the man you need to put pressure on to sort it out. As for the AGM, I wouldn't hold your breath. It could still be a long way off.

Newkid

newkid

Flooding Being Looked Into This Week

I have it on good authority that this is being looked into this week.
Fingers crossed!

Beanie

It may be tedious but I'm glad to hear that other people are also chasing them for answers. If we all keep the pressure on we will get it sorted eventually but time is running out because Liang O'Rourke, the builders, are trying to get out as we speak.
I didn't realise that the builders are trying to seperate from us with this problem still outstanding? This is a serious problem and once the builders say it is fixed we should have an engineer sign it off - or else our sinking fund could be used up fast and a lot more with it.

Have you got information from the management company on this?

And why do think an AGM is a long way off?