Freesat setup

clueless007

Good day,

Does anyone have experiences setting up the freesat boxes in their apartments in Tymon Farm? Bought a freesat recently but no luck with getting any signal when plugging into the sat socket. Could anyone pls give some advice here? Cheers :)

DASTV

Hey Clueless. Sounds like the dish is off alignment. It's a very precise art, dealing in millimetres. Best bet is to get it hooked up to a small portable set, and just get down to some trial and error. Unless you fancy spending a fair bit on a satellite meter (which I'd love you too!)

Of course, I'm assuming you've checked that the dish is wired in to the sat socket??

clueless007

Hi DASTV,

Thanks for your reply. I didnt make myself clearly in my last post. I meant the communal dish the building management has provided near our block.

As for the satellite meter, I dont think I would be buying one. Hope your love for your neighbours would not be lesser ;p

I checked with the building managment. The person in charge of such matters will be coming in on Monday. Will keep you posted :)

clueless007

Good day,

Finally got through the right person to activate the freesat in Tymon Farm using the commual dish. They are sending someone (with a fee, of course!) this week. If anyone in Tymon Farm is interested, pm me. Cheers :)