Is anybody still around?

Beba

Hey!
Anybody there???
Just fancied a bit of chit chat with "la crème de la crème".... ;)

So, should I delete this forum from my bookmarks?

Purple

I'm still here. I'm not a great one for the old chatting though. Just pop in from time to time for some peace and quiet when they go a bit mental on the other site. Like they're doing now, after a fairly innocent post about holistic therapy by Meg. She won't be back in a hurry!

Beba

Ahahah! I see what you mean Purple.
And to think that Holistic Practitioners' aim should be relax and de/stress...;)
Sure her post had the opposite effect!!!

Aww, my heart goes to her. Keeping your business afloat is difficult enough today and she meant no harm....

yummymummy

Moderator (Donabate)
Hi Beba, I'm still here.
Sure they love a good rant on the other site, it all becomes a bit boring after a while, same old, same old!!!!

Beba

Hi Yummy!

I know, who can blame them...;)

Haven't posted much myself lately. I'm always on the go... Any relevant news?
Have you noticed that the works in Turvey Av have started again? Will we really have a footpath by the end of March as promised by our dear TD? :rolleyes:

yummymummy

Moderator (Donabate)
I've noticed it alright, as I've been stopped at the temporary lights every day! Progress seems very slow, I have to say. I can't help looking at them every day and thinking if they got stuck in it would be done by now. But that FCC for you!

Are they still going to put a pedestrian entrance to Newbridge along there?

Beba

So stated the leaflet that I got a few days ago through the door.
But the Beverton Residents Association said a couple of months ago that it was called off for lack of funds....

Dub

Moderator (Donabate)
The problem with this site is everyone is just to nice, look at the other forum, Meg posted a very innocent message, Backpacker tried to drag her guts out through the computer monitor, then several people went on a rant, people took sides and tried to bully the one with the least support off the thread. Its a new form of no contact sport, it can be fun for a while but in the end a bit shallow and empty.

Dub

Moderator (Donabate)
Its true I am cute:D

But thats not the point! the point is nice just doesn't cut it any more.

So whats your problem;)

yummymummy

Moderator (Donabate)
Haha.......well if you're going to be Mr Nasty you should go back to the same boring rants on the other site and let us get on with being nice :p

Dub

Moderator (Donabate)
Use our gossip for good rather than evil, well I like a challenge.

Ok so any truth in the rumour that Keelings were giving away free pints of Guinness and Carlsberg at the weekend?

yummymummy

Moderator (Donabate)
Well that would be a first. Buying a pint in there is like being mugged! (Whoops that might be counted as being nasty).

Beba

Is there any decent place to go out with a few friends on a Friday nite?

We tried Keelings once, but despite the live music (or maybe because of it...) the atmosphere was dreadful. We also went to the Waterside that was promising Karaoke and lots of fun...and the place was empty!!! It was only us and the guy of the Karaoke, who was visibly drunk and never stopped shouting in the microphone....:rolleyes:

Dub

Moderator (Donabate)
When we occasionally get out and can only afford to go local we pretty much always end up in Keelings, but i have given up on the dome side the music is to loud to talk. (I know boring old fart but I like to chat). So always head for the snug, thats the room on the left hand side if your standing outside facing Keelings. Before they did the place up the snug was a little square room with a hatch where you placed your orders.

Beba

I might be an old fart myself but I also thought that the music was far too loud! A friend of mine who is pregnant could feel her waters vibrating....Too much information? :D

yummymummy

Moderator (Donabate)
Well I'm not an old fart and its definitely too loud! Agreed Dub, the snug is always a better option. Much more conducive to conversation!

Beba

....this conversation has become strangely personal....
Yummy, Dub, looks like we've got our own private Forum!!

Anyway, have a great w/e guys.
Normal service will resume on Monday.;)