Kids in Estate

winnie81

Was just wondering if all parents know where their kids do be playing? There is a group of kids who come up to play ball outside my house everyday. Not one of them live in this part of the estate. They aren't very careful in how they play and have hit cars, had near misses with windows etc. I went out one evening to ask them to move on as I was about to put my child to bed. One asked me where they should play? I said outside your own house. His reply....... I'm not allowed.
I would just ask parents to know where their kids are and if they can't play outside their own houses then go to the park with them, Don't encourage them to play outside other peoples houses. I am getting very fed up and am close to knocking on parents doors. I really don't want to turn into the cranky oul one up the street but if my car or front window is damaged who is gonna pay for it?

Househunter123

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
We have gone through the exact same since we have moved in - it's only in the last few weeks we have got the kids to move from the front of our house.

We had to knock on the parents doors and call the police. The parents were very rude saying they are just kids - kids play ball - if you have a problem move your car. I do have a problem - your kids!!! The reason the play around here is there isn't enough room at the front of the estate. I'd love to know how their parents would feel if their cars were hit my balls, scooters and bikes.

My car was been very badly damaged - I returned home from Dunnes one day to find one of the kids standing on the bonnet. Another day one of the kids dropped a scooter into the side passenger door and damaged all the paint.

It's a joke, but it's the parents fault :mad:

winnie81

I just find it amazing that they think it is ok to play in a totally different part of the estate than they live in coz their parents won't let them play outside their own houses. I know I will be teaching my kids different when they get to that age. The problem is I only know who one set of parent are so unless I see who does any damage I'm kinda stuck with only being able to go to them and ask them to get their kids to say who did it. And I don't want to get into that situation

mustangsally

Hi all, I have exactly the same issue with these kids. I am currently pregnant and cannot get any rest with them playing outside. I soon will have a newborn who I'm sure will find it very hardy to sleep with all these noise going on. I even wrote to Keenan to know what needs to happen to have ball games prohibited in the estate but never got a straight answer. If there is a group of us who finds these kids to be a constant nuisance, then can I suggest that we work together to get the issue sorted? It's really making my life hell at the moment!

stevo32

Hi all, It's even worse where we are, they have started pulling up the bushes and pulling the branches off the trees. The road is littered with them. It is awful to see the estate being destroyed. We asked them nicely to stop but it got even worse. There is no point in replanting as they will just keep doing it. They are out from 10 am to 10pm.

mustangsally

So it seems there is at least four of us who've had enough of the behaviour of some of the children in the estate. The problem is obviously not the children but their parents who think it's OK to just let them roam free unsupervised, disturbing their neighbours at any time of the day (and night since a few of them won't go back home until 10pm!) and allowing them to damage an estate for which I am sure a good % of them is not even paying management fees! This is pure laziness on the side of the parents seeing that there is a huge park just next door in Ongar village where they could easily take their children to. I think we should all possibly meet and decide on what to do. Not sure if management can help: I've already tried reaching out to Sean but all I got out of it was a letter about residents being responsible for the damage caused by their children which has had no effect whatsoever. I would be happy if ball games were prohibited in the estate alltogether and if we could agree on times of the day when children can go out and play (say 10am to 12am and then again 4pm to 8pm max!).

winnie81

I agree, we need to do something. It is getting to the stage now they have no regard for anyone or anything and it is actually getting dangerous. One of the younger ones, probably about 4 or 5, now stands in the middle of the road when cars are coming towards them.

Stevo32, I think we might live on the same part of the estate. It is an absolute disgrace with branches and bushes thrown all over the road and holes dug into what little grass areas we have.

But what can we do? I don't know who the parents are (of the kids around this area anyway) so who do we talk to?

mustangsally

Hi all,

I wrote another email to KPM but still waiting for an answer. I will chase them today. I have requested two things:

that balls games be prohibited in the estate seeing that we have no appropriate space for that

that children be only allowed to play in common areas at decent times of the day (certainly not until 10pm!)

I will keep you posted on this but maybe if we all dropped KPM a note that would help. I have started to ask all children to stop playing ball near cars (hence anywhere in the estate) and to make sure they do not shout when playing and that they stop littering! Some of them do it blatantly when you're talking to them.

I wonder if any of the parents of these children visit this forum: they should be ashamed!