Last grass cut by Castlelands

darkins99

Hi All,

Contacted Jill at Castlelands today. I have been informed that Castlelands landscaper will cut grass tomorrow for the last time, Tuesday 30th July 2007. As you know (as per recent Castlelands letter), Castlelands will cease maintenance of green areas on the 31st July (thats tomorrow!).

I have also requested clarification from David O'Flynn regarding financial contribution by Castlelands in terms of amount and due date. He will get back to me later.

Trust this keeps you all informed.

BarryMagan

Grass Cutting

Good work Darren, so Castlelands will only do one more cut - was hoping to get another one out of them.

Tim H

Castlelands will shortly stop cutting the grass.

When you speak next with David O'Flynn, ask him what financial contribution Castlelands has agreed with the new developer for access via the existing estate to the proposed new development.

I understand that a significant figure is agreed between the parties - it's probably subject to planning permission being recieved in due course, but they will get cash for it ultimately.

I have no hard evidence to support this - a friend who is invovled in property/banking told me that he heard this within local industry circles. It does makes sense though. Castlelands would not give it away for free. Just before they pass the estate over to the local Council, and having been unsuccessful in acquiring that piece of land themselves, they seek to extract the last piece of value from the Castleredmond estate. This is how these guys work.

If it is the case, then Castlelands have traded something that we (as residents of Castleredmond) have at least as much interest in. Did they consult us? Will they share the value agreed? I would hate to think that they see a contribution to the grass cutting costs as a fair deal for residents.

Let's see what contribution they propose.....

Tim.

darkins99

Castlelands

Tim,

I have also heard plenty of 'rumours' about Castlelands from many sources, all interestingly enough contradicting each other etc.

We should be careful how we use this forum with respect to third party unsubstantiated claims.

My understanding is the Council requested the entry point to that parcel of land, therefore the council intended the main thoroughfare through our estate to be used. However, I stand to be corrected on this.

Barry is currently in talks with Castlelands regarding their proposed contribution.

I also note that Castlelands DID NOT cut the grass today as intended.

Darren

cork_Ryan

Moderator (Castleredmond)
Forum - Private Usage

All,

Yes - Be a little careful what is said in a public Forum. Don't forget that eveyone can see all these comments.

If required we can use the private section overtime.

However - I see that it is going very well so Far.

Enjoy....

p.s. If there are any residents comments from the Commitee please forward to the website E-mail address castleredmondSC@gmail.com and I will post to website. This will save you having to reply to many mails - Ciao!

cork_Janice

Updates

Residents please read the Minutes of the last CRA Committee Meeting, held on 16th of August, on the CRA Homepage for Updates on everything.

cork_Janice

Last Cut By Castlelands Confirmed

Castlelands have confirmed they are commencing 'their last cut' on Monday 27th of August. Good News I'm Sure We All Agree.

BarryOSullivan

Castlelands have confirmed they are commencing 'their last cut' on Monday 27th of August. Good News I'm Sure We All Agree.
Thanks Janice for your update.

I notice that the grass has been cut, somewhat. Castlelands' contractor has not cut all of it, e.g. if you walk to the corner where 27 & 28 The Courtyard are located there is an area that has not been cut at all. Also, I hope they won't leave all the uncut grass around, especially since there were many ragwort plants growing in the estate, which are poisonous. It's best not to have these sitting around. I hope the contractor will come back to finish the job.

If I can be of any assistance here, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Barry

cork_Janice

Last Cut Query

I absolutely would think Castlelands are not finished Barry, and would expect that they are continuing the 'last cut' tomorrow Tuesday - We will ask them in the morning & update again to make sure. Of course again I would expect they are going to collect the grass of course - Again, we will double check in the morning with them - Thank you.

BarryOSullivan

Thanks Janice for your quick reply. I'm glad to hear that they are just in the middle of the job :) I was worried that after chasing these guys for so long that they would not give you the quality of service they have given in the past.

Best wishes and thanks again for following this up.

-b

timbervsconc

Grass Cutting!!!! What About The Trees & Shrubs

Barry. They Only Started Today. At Least Let Them Finish The Job Before You Criticise Them. Just Take A Spin Around Midleton And Look At The Finish In Other Estates. We Should Count Ourselves Very Fortunate. I Wonder Have You Ever Gone Outside And Picked Up Trash Our Repair The Vandalised Trees After The Kids Have Had Their Fun. These Points Have Been Stepped Over And Should Be High On The Agenda Of Our Committee.yes The Grass Will Be Cut And Yes It Will Grow Again. The Broken Trees And Trampled On Shrubs Wont! Parents Should Have A Few Words With The Children I Think.

cork_Janice

Top of Agenda

Timber - I can understand why Barry O'S was interested / concerned - as we did wait so long & push so hard for our 'last cut' - And the moral of the story on that: it is now in progress.

Re 'Points being stepped over' - I can assure nothing has been overlooked in our criteria list for our new landscaper - we built a detailed matrix based on what our estate requires of a landscaper - GRASS / WEEDING / NON BIO DEGRADABLE LITTER / PATHS / SHRUBS/ HEDGEROWS /TREES/ HERBICIDES / DEBRIS CREATED / MULCHED / NUMBER OF CUTS / BARK MULCH / INSURANCE / COSTS / STAGE PAYMENTS / MEMBER OF IRISH LANDSCAPING ASSOCIATION / VIEW CURRENT PROJECTS, OTHER ESTATES TO SEE QUALITY OF WORK. . ] - as examples for you.
We have been liaising with Landscapers working out these tenders & quotes - There has not been a single day gone by where we have not progressed.

Now we need the money to pay a Landscaper - before we can go ahead and decide on any one tender - hence the continuous collections.

All help would be appreciated.

Thank you

cork_Janice

Update on Last Cut Tues PM

Update this Evening - We can see the Landscaper was not here today in the Estate - We have contacted Castlelands & basically the Landscaper's equipment broke down yesterday evening - is being repaired today - And work is recommencing in the morning. We have their word it will be finished by Friday.

bore

Barry. They Only Started Today. At Least Let Them Finish The Job Before You Criticise Them. Just Take A Spin Around Midleton And Look At The Finish In Other Estates. We Should Count Ourselves Very Fortunate. I Wonder Have You Ever Gone Outside And Picked Up Trash Our Repair The Vandalised Trees After The Kids Have Had Their Fun. These Points Have Been Stepped Over And Should Be High On The Agenda Of Our Committee.yes The Grass Will Be Cut And Yes It Will Grow Again. The Broken Trees And Trampled On Shrubs Wont! Parents Should Have A Few Words With The Children I Think.
I dont think it was "kids" that broke those trees, seeing as far i could make out it was done very late on at night. Most likely a group of over zealous boy-racers after a skin full of drink on their way home to their rented houses in woodberry heights.

darkins99

Broken trees

Bore

Please present your 'evidence' to Midleton Garda Station ASAP, as you seem to know something regarding the vandalised trees. We would like to avoid a repeat.

Good man......

bore

No direct evidence unfortunetly, just heard and saw group of "lads", shouting and roaring, heading towards woodberry heights/view around 2 o clock one morning, and then the following moring drove past the scene to see the destruction. Enough for me to draw my own conclusion that it wasnt kids that caused the vandalism. Hardly enough evidence to go to the Gardai with though.

PS Great to see the difference a simple grass cut makes to the place.

cork_Janice

Thanks for the detailed information on the source location of the culprits for breaking the tree's Bore - As a resident of Woodberry Heights,who isn't as informed as you are, I would say to you; Please Advise the Gardai. Then again I'd also say - some people seem to wander around looking for their homes at many '2 + in the morning timeframes' - only to find themselves turning around again................. & realising their homes are elsewhere. Then again some don't.

bore

Thanks for the detailed information on the source location of the culprits for breaking the tree's Bore - As a resident of Woodberry Heights,who isn't as informed as you are, I would say to you; Please Advise the Gardai. Then again I'd also say - some people seem to wander around looking for their homes at many '2 + in the morning timeframes' - only to find themselves turning around again................. & realising their homes are elsewhere. Then again some don't.
My sincere apoligies Janice, I didn't realise I was in a court of Law and had to provide detailed eye witnesses reports etc., before I could offer my opinion that it wasn't "kids" that broke those trees. I am so sorry to have cast any doubts about the characters of anybody living in Woodberry. How dare I voice my opinion. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: