Manaement Company

bigchicken

Also guys, to let you know, I rang HOK as I heard from the company who snagged my apartment that there are only two men working on site for the time being, HOK have resigned as an agent assigned to Coalport. They are no longer taking queries or anything in relation to Priory Hall. Great the way they can just do that ! :mad: .... so seems like knowone wants anything to do with these builders.. im getting a wee bit worried
Hi Orlaith,

HOK resigned over a year ago as far as I remember.

There are 2 plumbers and 2 builders plus the foreman on site at the moment but they are not all there all of the time. For example, one of the builders only works saturdays.

orlaith027

ha oh right! ive been ringing HOK loads... I just phoned Coalport... really do not like that girl Emma... more or less told me I have a problem.. I was as nice to her... seems very annoyed.. probably fed up with calls .. but thats not my fault:rolleyes:

Kermit

is it ok if my partner comes with me too. he will be living with me ( kind of) but not an apartment owner. :rolleyes:
Hi,

I think the meeting and responsibilities are for all residents, not just owners. After all, renters are essentially paying the management fee's anyways, and the more people we have who give a damn about the place and involved in making it a good place to live, the better.

Methinks!:)

P.S. Having just read the Management companies booklet that big chicken posted a link to

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Campaigns/Management Companies Booklet.pdf

I now know that owners are members of the management companies whereas renters are not, so I suppose it is up for debate in regards to AGM's of the 'management company', but I would still think that the issues we are discussing directly affect the residents, and it would pointless to exclude anyone. I suppose they would be representing their landlord in a sense!

Kermit

I just rang coalport regarding getting a lift fixed and they told me they were getting a new management company TODAY!! (the management company has to log a call-out for the lifts apparently, because somebody has to pay for it, I didn't get round to asking why that is, since the lifts are almost brand new).

Is that just co-incidence or are they beating us to the post? If they get somebody then obviously we get no say. Don't mean to sound alarmed but I just got of the phone and am a bit shocked. :eek:

orlaith027

Hi,
We left the meeting just at the end last night. If there is an AGM we will defintley be there. We will be renting the apartment out hopefully. Does anyone know what way that works with regards to Management fees?

Jack Jones

Apologies folks for my non attendance last nite. If there is anything I should be aware of could someone let me know through a private forum?

Hi,
We left the meeting just at the end last night. If there is an AGM we will defintley be there. We will be renting the apartment out hopefully. Does anyone know what way that works with regards to Management fees?
Hi Orlaight7

I am renting out my apartment as well, as the Landlord/Lady you are responsible for the management fees, that's why I was at the meeting, I want to see something for my money I don't want my tenants complaining that the hallways or bins are not being looked after.

orlaith027

Hi Orlaight7

I am renting out my apartment as well, as the Landlord/Lady you are responsible for the management fees, that's why I was at the meeting, I want to see something for my money I don't want my tenants complaining that the hallways or bins are not being looked after.
cool thanks, yes that is what I was worrying about , I dont want to rent it out and have it in a state and things going wrong left right and centre for the tenants.. thanks...:eek:

Just logged in to see a residents meeting took place last night! In future can someone post something on the doors/letterboxes just to let the other residents know. Im sure we could have had at least double the crowd. Also are there minutes available?

orlaith027

not too sure.. im looking for some information too on what happened at the end of the meeting but I dont think alot have logged on ?!:rolleyes:

bigchicken

Hi Folks,

I'm been away for the past few days.
I have a lot of requests for access to the private section so i'll sort all that out between now and tomorrow evening and i'll post a summary of the meeting also.

Apologies for the delay!

bigchicken

Folks, the summary of the meeting is in the private section.

Anyone who has already requested a login - its on its way. If you need one then send me a PM making sure you include your Apt and Block number!

bigchicken

I think i've replied to everyone who requested access to the private forum. If you haven't got a PM from me then send me another PM and i'll set you up ASAP.