Management Company

PaulaC

Hi All,
I know everyones probably sick talking about the management company at this stage! but is everyone happy about paying the fees this year?? Is there ANY way of getting out of the contract at all? or are we stuck paying this charge every year anf never bein happy with what we paid for?? I've no idea about these things but there has to be some way of getting rid of them!

Househunter123

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
I don't think anyone is happy paying them (I know I have better things to spend my money on) - but they are reduced by nearly 25% and we did sign a contract - we did try to get out of them but no one would take an estate on where people haven't paid there fee's from last year let alone this year!!!!

PaulaC

yeah its a catch 22 really! is there no way we can get rid of management co altogether without taking on another one? In Manorfield across the way from us they all pay €20 a year which pays a guy to cut the grass during the summer months. and they have a lot more green area's than us!they don't need anything else done?

Househunter123

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
€20 a year - wow - never heard of a fee that low and I have looked into loads of estates locally. I would be very interested to find out how they they are managing this. Do you know who pays there public liability insurance and manages there drains and sewage? Is there appartments and duplexs in Manor field?

PaulaC

i think they're all houses, they don't pay public liability or esb etc. only the newer estates have been lumbered with that, i don't see why we should have to pay it when the majority of estates don't, its just the council weaseling out of responsibility. everyone is responsible for their own drains etc.

nsara

Can we not get onto our local TD and ask them to look into that for us.Why do the council look after some estates and not all?

PaulaC

when we were speaking about this last year, i thought it was agreed that everyone had to pay last years fees as we hadn't given the man co 3 months notice. but i assumed this ment that we would????