Old Chocolate Factory Apartments Delay

Uctoshocked

Anybody else very miffed about the length of time the completion of these apartments is taking?

I was told at the launch that completions would begin in June 2006 and that my particular apartment would be due soon after that. I visited the site around July of last year and the foreman told me my unit would be up and running in January or February 2007. I discovered recently that the latest completion schedule is for July or August 2007! Any further delay to that and it'll be close to three years in construction. I don't know much about building, but I can't imagine that's in any way efficient.....

Hillman 81

Anybody else very miffed about the length of time the completion of these apartments is taking?

I was told at the launch that completions would begin in June 2006 and that my particular apartment would be due soon after that. I visited the site around July of last year and the foreman told me my unit would be up and running in January or February 2007. I discovered recently that the latest completion schedule is for July or August 2007! Any further delay to that and it'll be close to three years in construction. I don't know much about building, but I can't imagine that's in any way efficient.....
You're kidding!

I know someone that bought a two bed there and she was told it would be ready in Febuary. Wonder if hers is that badly delayed too. Don't know how they can be so wrong with their dates.

PJG

Delays!

I have been told September 2007. The late completion clause kicks in next month - 2 years since we bought it. Any idea what the penalty is?

Uctoshocked

I have been told September 2007. The late completion clause kicks in next month - 2 years since we bought it. Any idea what the penalty is?
You sure the late completion clause is 2 years from purchase? I read somwhere that it was something like 42 months which would give them another year and a half to concoct more delays!

Uctoshocked

Hi All,

Just got letter to snag my apt. today. Its in core 6:)
Fair play.

Good to hear that there's some progress being made.

I remember talking to the foreman on site last year and he said 6 would be the first core completed, followed by 5 and so on.

I'm guessing they want the ongoing building to be as far away from the paying guests in the Hilton as possible!

ourbhoy

Heard the reason for the delay was that allegedly Charmside didn't even have a Builder signed until months after they were sold

Charming...

Uctoshocked

That doesn't surprise me seeing as the developers took about 2 weeks, despite daily phone calls, to tell me that my apartment was going to be over a year delayed on what I was originally informed.

All of this does not fill me full of hope for the state the apartments are going to be in when they finally get finished.....

sapphire

Hi

Snagged my apt and finish is very good. Apt smaller than i expected. Got to look in side some of the other apts. Some of the 2 beds are very small. I have a one bed. Foreman told me that they are planning to build on the 8-10 house beside hotel in front of core6. Not sure if this will be good or bad. My apt faces these houses.

Any comments

Uctoshocked

Hi

Snagged my apt and finish is very good. Apt smaller than i expected. Got to look in side some of the other apts. Some of the 2 beds are very small. I have a one bed. Foreman told me that they are planning to build on the 8-10 house beside hotel in front of core6. Not sure if this will be good or bad. My apt faces these houses.

Any comments
Congratulations on completing the snag!

From what I've seen from the outside, it does appear that the apartments are compact. Of course you can't tell until you've been in to see them, but as far as I know there isn't a legal obligation on the developers to stick exactly to what was sold in the plans in terms of space.

How will you access your apartment from the street? I was up there recently and the whole place is still very much a building site and I couldn't see how you could drive a car in there.

Also, do you know whether the the underground car park is completed?

Thanks!

sapphire

Hi

There is a side gate to the left of the row of houses. It is beside the goods entrance to the hotel. I dont know about the car park but i wont be signing for anything unless i have my parking spot.

ac1976

That doesn't surprise me seeing as the developers took about 2 weeks, despite daily phone calls, to tell me that my apartment was going to be over a year delayed on what I was originally informed.

All of this does not fill me full of hope for the state the apartments are going to be in when they finally get finished.....
Hi.

I am in what I think is block 5, apt numbers in the 200's
Do you know when this is due to finish? The last I heard was August 2007
Am wondering if this has slipped yet!

Uctoshocked

Hi.

I am in what I think is block 5, apt numbers in the 200's
Do you know when this is due to finish? The last I heard was August 2007
Am wondering if this has slipped yet!
Last I heard the plan is to finish core 6 first, then 5, 4, 3, 2 and finally 1. I'm in Core 3 and have been told mine would be ready in August/September 2007. So on that basis I would imagine that if you're in 5, you should in by August/September at the latest. That said, I take everything I have heard from the developers with a large pinch of salt!

I was up at the site over the weekend and it looks to my (very untrained!) eye that there is at least 3/4 more months work on Core 3. Most of the windows are in, but they still look a long way from completion and the whole area around the apartments is a long way from landscaping.

ourbhoy

Landscaping could be finished in days i'd reckon

Also with the hotel handover there would theoretically be more workers thus speeding up everything ?

Got a brochure through the post for the Leisure centre - anyone get any prices etc. ?

ac1976

I had a tour of the Livingwell Gym and its very nice, small but well equipped, it is quite impressive.
I think it costs about EUR57 per month, which is fully inclusive (towels, classes etc included)

Uctoshocked

I think it costs about EUR57 per month, which is fully inclusive (towels, classes etc included)
That doesn't strike me as being particularly cheap for gym membership. It works out at an annual price of around €680 which would get you into a lot of gyms around the city. I was under the impression that residents got a break on the membership price.............unless that €57 per month is inclusive of a discount?

dublin8_lynn

I was also under this impression. I also wasnt very happy that the letter says to avail of this discount you must sign up before the end of March. Whats the point in that if you're not going to living in the area until (at the earliest) October? Sounds like bully boy tactics to me. :(

Franky_Valli

I see that the opening of the Hilton has been delayed again! You really wonder what they are doing on that site because it certainly isn't work