Old Chocolate Factory Apartments Delay

ToshieB

Kitchens have dishwasher, fridgefreezer, hob, oven and fan - Washing Machine in Utility Room

Spots in ensuite and bathroom in core 3 apts, nowhere else

dublin8_horse

Plans

Lalco also emailed me detailed floor plans as soon as I asked them..which was a pleasant surprise given the fact all other emails have been ignored.
What info did the plans provide you with? I assume the overall square meters. Does the overall square meters include the balconies?

Andrew123

RE: Recessed Lights

Does anybody have an apartment with recessed lights throughout? I know they exist in the development. I have a query in relation to the lighting, i.e. why do some apartments have it throughout and others not when all aprtments were bought from the same brochure and information for sales off the plans?

CorkHurler

I finally got the keys last week after another long delay with getting the block insurance certificate from Ivor Fitzpatricks (who are even more incompetent than Lalco). I certainly wouldnt recommend anyone doing business with Lalco, emails and phone calls not returned, totally incorrect information whenever you do get through to them, endless delays, we've all experienced it.
Also I think we should try and get rid of the property management company they have appointed: Galway Property Management. basically they have just appointed some friends of theirs from Galway, I cant imagine they will devote much resources to a development in Kilmainham.
Final question, is there any way of getting Sky instead of NTL as NTL are an even worse company to deal with than Lalco.
Merry Christmas to one and all.

Uctoshocked

I finally got the keys last week after another long delay with getting the block insurance certificate from Ivor Fitzpatricks (who are even more incompetent than Lalco). I certainly wouldnt recommend anyone doing business with Lalco, emails and phone calls not returned, totally incorrect information whenever you do get through to them, endless delays, we've all experienced it.
Also I think we should try and get rid of the property management company they have appointed: Galway Property Management. basically they have just appointed some friends of theirs from Galway, I cant imagine they will devote much resources to a development in Kilmainham.
Final question, is there any way of getting Sky instead of NTL as NTL are an even worse company to deal with than Lalco.
I agree wholeheartedly that Lalco are a shambles and have been all thoughout this whole process. I know someone who bought an apartment in Lalco's Vantage development in Leopardstown and she's experiencing the exact same thing - huge delays with no communication. That said, I'm very happy with my apartment and Sisk finished the few snags I identified very quickly.

As regards the property company, I was talking to them last week regarding the service charge (which Lalco never mentioned had to be paid in full on closing!). The girl I was speaking to struck me as professional and competent and she knew what she was talking about. Obviously the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but I'd be prepared to give them a chance.

dublin8_lynn

As regards the property company, I was talking to them last week regarding the service charge (which Lalco never mentioned had to be paid in full on closing!). The girl I was speaking to struck me as professional and competent and she knew what she was talking about. Obviously the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but I'd be prepared to give them a chance.

Lalco may have been a nightmare to deal with but the apartments appear to have been finished to a very high quality. Just glad not to have to deal with them anymore. As regards the management company, I think they should be given a chance..

CorkHurler

Has anyone had trouble getting post delivered, are An Post actually delivering every day? There seems to be some confusion as to whether the postal address includes "The Old Chocolate Factory" or if it is just Kilmainham Sq. I sent a few cards addressed to myself to test and got nothing yet.

ac1976

Hi the postal address is Kilmainham Square and NOT the old chocolate factory. I think there was some delay in getting the postal service going but it looks like its working now. I got a lot of post yesterday in Core 2

dublin8_horse

I agree with the others. Galway Property Management should be given a chance. However, I would not be making any cheques payable to them as they are the managing agents not the management company (Each owner is a member of the management company). Find out the name of the management company and pay directly into that account. It's also important that a residents meeting is held within the next 6 months to discuss any teething problems and to make sure everyone is aware of their obligations.