Partially Destroyed Wall in Development beside Larch Hill

Tracey

Hi,

Does anyone know if there will be repairs made to the wall in the development beside Larch Hill ? i.e. at the 27b bus stop on the way to Centra.

It would appear that the half the wall has been removed as it might be unsafe. Either way, it looks awful and to any outsider , it would seem like that development formed part of Larch Hill (which I understand it does not).

Does anyone on the management team know if this has been raised as an issue and if the wall will be rebuilt? Apart from it being a health and safety concern, it takes away from Larch Hill's exterior walls and is a horrible sight.

Any update would be appreciated

Tracey

MarkR

Hi Tracey,

Still no sign of this wall being repaired - agree, it's quite unsightly along with the graffiti - it all looks a bit shabby out front at the minute. Perhaps it's an insurance issue or maybe the management company of that development don't have the necessary funds to make good the wall?

MarkR

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Still no sign of this wall being repaired - agree, it's quite unsightly along with the graffiti - it all looks a bit shabby out front at the minute. Perhaps it's an insurance issue or maybe the management company of that development don't have the necessary funds to make good the wall?

MarkR

Hi Mark,

Do you know if that little estate is linked to Larch Hill ?

I see the graffitti on the actual main Larch Hill wall out the front (that looks onto the Oscar Traynor Rd) has been removed - the estate looks a lot better from the outside now, much cleaner.

It would be great if someone could have a look at the other wall as I think it would have to be a health and safety issue now. What if a child fell from that wall. Who would be held liable?

Tracey

MarkR

Hi Tracey,

It's definately not part of the Larch Hill developement - in terms of liability in the event of a fall or trip and presuming that particular developement has a management company in place, it would be liable for any claim brought against it. However, if no management company is in place then the developer would then be liable? I stand to be corrected on that. Either way I wonder if our management company have been in contact with them regarding it's unsightly appearance - just saying!!

Regards

M