Phase 2

cork_macer

No secret there - planning application made for new development on 16.06.2006.
No entry from existing Castlerock estate therefore I would be surprised if it will be also be called Castlerock.

Extract from Cork County Council planning web site:

Demolition of dwelling and existing farm buildings and construction of 435 no. dwellinghouses comprising of 200 no. four bed units, 99 no. three bed units, 114 no. two bed units and 22 no. one bed units, creche with out door play area, 2 no. tennis courts/hard surface play areas, football pitch, all weather pitch, Nionra pre school facility, gaelscoil primary school, site developments works, access provisions including integrating with public road, associated road realignments, upgrading and permitted roundabout, pedestrian crossings, bus pull-ins, boundary walls, surface car parking, landscaping , public lighting and infrastructure/services provisions.

cork_macer

If I was the developer I might just have included a pub, alas I'm only a resident. In relation to golf courses, when you move in go to the top floor of your house and look north, you might just be able to see either of two courses - Waterrock or East Cork. Good Luck

cork_macer

Tina,

Take a look at the plannng section of the County Councils web site. Search developer "Castlelands".
You will see a full site map, showing the location of the proposed new houses, in fact you can even get an aerial photo.
In short new houses are proposed for both sides of the new road and the school close to the new roundabout.
Any update on your house ?

tina_cork

Thanks Macer.. will check it out now.

I think the painters are starting on our house in the next fortnight!! Is the new road open fully yet? We plan to take a drive down at the weekend. Havent been there in a few weeks now :)

tina_cork

I really dont know Midleton all that well and cant make out the maps! Can someone show me where Castlerock is on this map?! Thanks!

cork_Red

Tina,
On your map, Castlerock is the blue 'square' directly above the B in Baneshane, the new phase is lined in red and is between castlerock and the flyover. The green road from left to right is the main Cork to Youghal road.

cork_Neighbour

Guess you'll be in in the next 4 weeks then Tina. Is the Painting the last thing to be done? Is all the 2nd fitting done in your house? Kitchen, Electrics etc..
Has anyone on this Forum got their keys? How long from painting did you get them?

cork_Red

Tina,
If you're used to going in the old road it would seem like phase 2 is behind, but with the new road now (partly) open, it is actually beside Castlerock, i.e. the other side of the builders cabins and the boreen down the side.

tina_cork

Neighbour said:
Guess you'll be in in the next 4 weeks then Tina. Is the Painting the last thing to be done? Is all the 2nd fitting done in your house? Kitchen, Electrics etc..
Has anyone on this Forum got their keys? How long from painting did you get them?
No the kitchen definitely isnt in Neighbour, not sre about the electrics. We havent got our keys yet and the last time we were down there we were told it would be Dec/Jan by the time we're in there. Jan/Feb would suit us best to be honest.

tina_cork

Red said:
Tina,
If you're used to going in the old road it would seem like phase 2 is behind, but with the new road now (partly) open, it is actually beside Castlerock, i.e. the other side of the builders cabins and the boreen down the side.
Oh i see that now.. Thanks Red, you've been a great help :)