Priory Hall - General Discussion

prioryhall_Gill

Block 14

I spoke to Noel the new foreman yesterday, my white goods are being installed today and he'll get back to me before the end of the week to do my final inspection!

He has promised the stairwells, lifts etc are being done at the moment.

Has anybody moved into the south block yet?

Just wonderin bigchicken did you get to visit the site over the weekend?

bigchicken

Hi Gill,

Thats great news, congrats! What block are you? Did you get a number for Noel or did you just call over?

I have phoned every day since last Wed only to be told someone will call me back. I'm thinking of just taking time of work and calling to the site to check it out.

I did go over on saturday. There was no-one working. It looked like the place had been tidied up all right but nothing had been done on my apartment.

prioryhall_Gill

Hi bigchicken,

I'm in block 14...ye I'm delighted there might be something happening soon!

Emma from coalport gave me his number... (Noel) 087-2844932. I haven't been down there in a couple of weeks, though I think my parents have a path worn out at this stage to priory hall :)

He's actually very nice and seems to be upfront regarding whats going on...which is refreshing at this stage!

Judy Sands

Hi Gill and Big Chicken,

My husband was on the phone to Noel this morning, he said Noel definitely seemed more honest than Robbie. He even took my husband's number and what apartment we're in etc. Even if he never rings, at least he took the number, more than Robbie ever did. He told us that he is currently trying to sort out the mess with all the snags Robbie had left unfinished. We're in block 15 and he told us that he should have the snag done in a week and half, but doesn't expect to have it done before then, at least he was being honest.

I'm out of work at the moment, I've basically done my back in sleeping on a crap sofa bed since may. We had to move out of our rented accommodation and have been sleeping on my mam's sofa bed since then. The person who has been storing all our belongings needs the room back the first weekend in September, so we're really snookered. I hope to God we can get everything sorted out within the next couple of weeks.

We go up there nearly every weekend, even though we know nothing has been changed, I just like to look at it now, and imagine where all our stuff is going to go!! I would love to go up there this weekend at see even just ONE thing done on it..

Sorry for going on, I'm really bored at home, I'm only allowed lie on the floor or walk around for a bit, you'd want to see me trying to type this, it's taken me ages!!!

prioryhall_Gill

Hi Judy,

You poor thing, sounds just awful...I'm in work and should not be bored..or checking out this site so much...though I just can't help it at this stage! My current living arrangements, like yours, are not ideal so any little piece of hope I get from here keeps me going!

My parents did say that the place looked much cleaner and they had tidied around somewhat.

I definitely think Noel will make a difference, at least he doesn't seem to be bulls****ing anyone!

Fingers crossed.

Hope you feel better soon! :)

woodseb

i've been in block 13 for a few weeks now (i'm the only one in there it seems) , haven't moved in yet but getting the final things sorted now....

...Noel has definitely been a breath of fresh air, he's sorted out a few outstanding issues for me already and it looks as if the place is getting cleaner

looks like the builders might be on site for another while though given the prefab canteen they've put on site.

bernadette

Hi all, yes Noel does seem alot better then gobbie, seems to work on the honesty policy which is a relief. We where told 4-6 wks for block 19, should be before then he reckons. So at this stage hopefully be in before Halloween!
Alot of our furniture arrives this weekend. Nightmare. Anyhow things seem to be looking up!!!

wolrabp

Lifts are working in our block now :) this guy Noel seems to be on the ball. Can you all check that your extractor fan works, before you move in? Especially in your kitchen, would like to know if ours is screwed or just a piece of sh1t!

prioryhall_TONY

Hi all, yes Noel does seem alot better then gobbie, seems to work on the honesty policy which is a relief. We where told 4-6 wks for block 19, should be before then he reckons. So at this stage hopefully be in before Halloween!
Alot of our furniture arrives this weekend. Nightmare. Anyhow things seem to be looking up!!!
Hi all,
Sorry to disappoint you all but Noel has been on that Site since day one. I am told that he has worked for coalporat for over 10 years... The last time I was on site Robbie told me that if I dropped him a wee browne envelope he could speed things up for me.. Noel was there tat time too... I dont trust or belive any of them there.... And... as for Emma, the lies just roll off her tongue....

Rose

Security

Hi all,

Just wanted to check if anyone has had any concerns about people being in the blocks at night? There was an incident the other night where my neighbour had to call the Gardai as someone tried twice to get into her apartment with a bunch of keys. I happened to be out for that twnety min period and had left my alarm off so no doubt mine was tried to. Have reported it to Coalport along with a few other building issues. Just thought it might be worth bearing in mind that there is access currently to each building through the car park an therefore we all need to be extra careful. Definately gave me a bit of a shake up in terms of following up on all that needs to be done in the block etc. Hope no one else has had a similar experience, the Gradai did say there hadn't been any other reports for Priory Hall.

bigchicken

That doesn't sound too good Rose. Although if they had keys could be as simple as someone was in the wrong block??

Going back to readiness of the south block - i see more people have moved in! I was there yesterday and there are least 2 apartments with people moved in in block 15 and 1 in block 18. So there are now people in 15, 16 & 18. Typical that my block 17 seems to have been skipped! :rolleyes:

Judy Sands

Hi Big Chicken,

I was up at the site on Friday evening and noticed that people had moved in passed our block (15). I went up to see Noel, to see what the story was with completing our snag. I asked him how come people had moved into blocks past ours and that we weren't in yet. He just said that that's the way it had been done, he didn't know why.

He didn't actually say this but the impression I got was that he was trying to say that Robbie had gone about it a*se ways and that he (Noel) wants to complete one block at a time. He told me his men are currently working on block 10 and he didn't want to take them away from it to complete random other snags throughout the developement. Which is hopefully a good sign that things aren't going to be half done anymore.

He said he expects to be at our block by the end of next week.

All we can do is wait and see. We're well practiced at it.....

Macker

extractor fan

I have moved in a few months now and still the etractor fan is not working properly. It comes on and it is linked to the main extractor in the boiler press but it isn't powerful enough to extract anything. If I put a pan of boling water under the fan the steam simply flows out into the kitchen and isn't sucked up.. I am currently waiting on another person to come and look at it for me I will let you know what happens. I think some are working while others are not.
Thanks
Good luck everyone on their final snags !!

prioryhall_Gill

update

just been speaking to Noel, he is currently working on block 13 with his full crew!! He wreckons he will be done there by the middle of this week and by the end of next week my apartment will be ready for final inspection! Block 14..

anyone out there in block 14??? just interested to see if anyone has actually closed in that block yet!

Judy Sands

OMG Gill, that's great news!! I was speaking to him on Friday, when he said he was on block 10, I didn't think he'd be able to get to ours this week (block 15), but it looks like I was wrong! It's great to see that things are finally moving.

I didn't notice any one having moved in to Block 14 when I was up there though, but you're nearly there..

prioryhall_Gill

Thanks Judy!! I know I'm delighted!! ;)

My dad was over there last week and said that a girl and her sister had gotten their keys for the aparment below me...they haven't moved in yet but seemingly their floors are down etc...

So all in all looking good!!

Judy Sands

Shocking (but Great!) News!!

Noel just rang my husband (nearly fell over with the fright, it's a Saturday :eek: ) to say that our apartment will be ready on Wednesday, and he'll give us a shout to go up and have a look at it!!!!!

I can't believe there's a chance of us actually living there within a month or so! (I wouldn't be so stupid as to think that it will be plain sailing from here, I'm sure we have the worst solicitor and mortgage advisor on top of the slowest building company to boot :rolleyes: )

I think I might start calling him Saint Noel from now on!