Residents Committee objection

meridian

Hi can anyone from the residents committee confirm whether they have made a formal objection to the Take Away proposal at Meridian Court yet? I would guess its something we would need to move on fast!

Am sure many of us living around the area would like to add our names to such a document and at €20/objection its something many of the people cannot afford as many are unemployed thanks to the developers/bankers.

I would like to suggest having a document left in the Management Suite for people to sign and each person could leave 1 or 2 euros to cover the expenses etc,

thanks

meridian

ok I have since spoken to a member of the residents committee and the matter shall be voted upon on Monday night 14th February. My assumption that everyone would feel the same way about it may be incorrect.

Of course should anyone wish to submit their own observation/objection they are free to do so, and they should do so before 21st February.

thanks

meridian

some more info on submitting your observation:

We have an online system for receiving submissions.

Click on Link Below:

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/Wphappcriteria.display

If you know the reference number enter it (2035/11 )on the third line of the search page, if not search using the address on the first line and Click on the SEARCH Field.

When you find your application click on the link on the left that has the reference number when the application opens, click on ,

please click here to log in, (opens in a separate window) in order to make an observation. Then refresh this page to make your comment.

If you have never used this system before you will have to register, so we can keep you details i.e. telephone and email address confidential. Make up your own user name and password. Then return to the Planning Application and log in, you will see this Icon below click on "comment on this application" icon.

claus1970

Moderator (Royal Canal Park)
There is a residents committee meeting, which is put together at an AGM but are always looking for extra residents to help. The residents committee is a voluntary bunch of people across a lot of the blocks in RCP trying to get things better for our community. With the last take away proposal, the committee di put forward its views with regards to litter/servicing and all things related to any business coming in to RCP. The committee will not endorse a business nor will it make an objection to a business going in. That is for the people to do individually. We did put forward a suggestion for the over bridge at Reilly's bridge on how to get traffic flowing.

There are a few people here that sit on the committee so let me know if you are interested in joining the committee.

It is not a committee with powers over the estate, just so you are clear. It is a residents committee that meets with Kingfisher, Irish Estates and Ballymore to see what can be done to improve our community

Claus

whats goin on with this? when we were coming back from our walk we had a read of the notice onthe window. But then when we walked up to next unit it was on that window also, surely its not the whole 2 units they are huge? what the heck is goin in

Lindsay

As far as I understand the planning application is for just one unit this time. RCPCA (the residents committee) will be making a submission on behalf of residents generally but I would encourage residents in Meridian - particularly those located directly above the units - to make a separate submission. €20 between a few neighbours is really not a lot and it would make a strong case to voice your individual concerns about living directly above a takeaway. This will affect you most directly so I wouldn't rely on others to voice your concerns.

meridian

Hi can someone from the residents committee let us all know what their opinion was in the end on this matter? ie. a rough summary of the result of the vote.

I feel all the residents have a right to know what the "residents committee" are deciding for the rest of us, thanks

dublin2000

RCPCA objection

I just want to point out that the residents committee do not "decide for the rest of us", we live here too remember and we represent the common interest in issues. We cannot cover every eventuality but we do our very best to ensure that we cover all issues of concern to the community. We have had some major successes, one being the successful lobbying of councillors to approve the variation to the dublin city development plan, which has paved the way to getting closer to replacing Reillys bridge with an overbridge. We would consider this a very major improvement to everyones lives in RCP, so forgive me if I take slight umbridge at the implication that we are deciding things "for everyone" without consultation.

We submitted a document to Dublin City Council, available to view on the website, search under case number 2035/11.

There are 2 objections to the application for change of use, one of which is from the residents committee, the other from a resident of Meridian building.

I have to urge anyone who has any concerns in future over planning applications, to please submit an observation/objection. Yes it costs €20 but the more material the case officer has to consider the more balanced the response will be.

The consultation period for the change of use application in Meridian has now closed but do please keep an eye on the dublin city council website for a response.

Hope that helps

meridian

thank you Dublin 2000,

Sorry I didnt mean that you were deciding for us all, maybe badly worded by me, but at the same time I do feel that decisions taken by the residents committee that may affect us all should be open for all to see, thats all.

I do feel there is a duty on the committee's part to reflect the views of the majority of residents and not just the views within the committee etc... and this particular issue is one that I feel strongly about.

I know that Dublin City Council contribute a small amount of money for the operation of the committee so I guess in return they expect a well balanced viewpoint that accurately reflects opinions. I do hope the opinions expressed in this forum get a say as well, thanks for getting back to me.

dublin2000

RCPCA (res cmttee) don't just action issues that suit our own group of neighbours, we do take into account views that are given to us directly, by email, on the forum, at our AGM. In fact the chatter on the forum re the planning permission in Meridian prompted us to submit an objection on behalf of all RCP residents.

I have to say I am very disappointed with the lack of Meridian residents who objected - there is one person who did. So for all the concerns on the potential of having a takeaway located below your apts, no one (well, one)seemed compelled to voice those concerns to the DCC.

I am very happy to have been a member of RCPCA for the last 4 years, we genuinely have achieved a lot, we're a dedicated bunch! But do please remember that we are all voluntary and we can't do everything, that would be a full time job! So absolutely please contact us if you have any issues to raise, but I would ask everyone to also use their own voice, especially when it comes to issues such as planning applications - these have a serious and permanent impact on our surroundings.

Thanks

Butler

Hi, looks like this was granted subject to conditions by DCC yesterday, if so last day to appeal to ABP would be 4/4/11.

Butler

Its change of use from retail to restaurant with take-away, seating shown on the floor plan.
I just had a quick look at this but cant see where the parking and goods delivery provision (as outlined in the objections) has been addressed in the application? I would not like to see cars, delivery vans/trucks just pulled up blocking a lane of the road. This happens at Centra at it drives me mad

dublin2000

76 people?! jesus where!!

The parking intended for the retail units is over in the alcove bit - so when you drive into RCP you go left for pahse 1 and right into phase 2 - directly across from that is parking. Currently these spaces are being used by residents I guess, it's badly needed overflow in my opinion, so to think that those few spaces are enough for 76 'diners' is a bit worrying!

Although I did think the capacity of the restuarant had been halved - ie the permission sought was for half the current unit size?

Residents committee are due to dicuss this topic on monday, we can provide an update then on next steps (only those who submitted an observation/objection can appeal FYI)