rubbish collection

new1

In relation to rubbish collection
I was speaking to my solicitor who was advising on the management company and rubbish collection
The apartments do have rubbish collection but the houses do not does anyone know if it will be a private contractor or Fingal council running pay as you use rubbish collection
I’ve checked with liberty homes and they are unable to say as they view this as the council’s responsibility and our friends at the council don’t know but suggested to contact liberty homes

eimsRV

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
From Fingal CO CO Website:
http://www.fingalcoco.ie/EnvironmentandWater/WasteRefuse/RefuseSection/#new

BIN FOR A NEW HOUSE

If you have just moved into a new house or a house that does not have
a bin please e-mail us at envserv@fingalcoco.ie or phone 8905473 to
receive a bin. Please give your name, address and contact telephone
no. The bin will be delivered in 5 - 10 working days and will be
provided free of charge. Please take care of your bin - if it is
stolen, lost or damaged you will have to pay a replacement charge of
€20.

REFUSE CHARGES

Every time you put out your black bin for collection don't forget to
attach the correct prepaid tag clearly showing your address. The
binmen will then empty the bin and remove the tag. The bin will not
be emptied if the wrong tag is on the bin.

A tag for a standard sized 240L black bin is €8 yellow tag.

A tag for asmaller sized 140L black bin is €4 red tag.

By law Fingal County Council cannot collect bins that do not have the
relevant tag.

GREEN BINS

Green bins have been provided to over 95% of houses in the fingal
area. If you are moving into a new house you will receive your green
bin when the estate has been fully occupied. If you require a green
bin please contact 8905473.

dublin15_Pam

bins

I contacted the keenan property Management and they said that they were going to send someone out to sort this problem out. cos i also called them and said this to them. and i am not dragging it through the house or leaving it in front of the house. in no time the place would be like a rubbish dump.

PaulaC

i don't think we get a choice on this? you in a mid terrace too? it will be a pain pullin it tru but we'll have to:(

Deesy

....he said they might come up with something like putting our bins in the apartment bin house. with our numbers on them and given us a lock and key so that way no one can misuse them. wot would you think of that idea. but certainly they cannot expect us to bring them through the house. if enough complaints go in they should do something. wot are we paying 550 management fees for if they aren't going to provide us with somewhere for our bins. its not as if they have a big piece of grass to cut in front of the house, sure we can cut that with a sisscors its so small. complain complain complain:D
we would sign this petition as well!

dublin15_Pam

PETITION - Definitely if thats wot it comes down to us doing.:D

the girls name is Grainne in Keenan Property Management
01 844 24 00

she is really nice and very helpful. And she will return a call to you and update you.

PaulaC

PETITION - Definitely if thats wot it comes down to us doing.:D

the girls name is Grainne in Keenan Property Management
01 844 24 00

she is really nice and very helpful. And she will return a call to you and update you.
spoke to grainne she said the only alternative to dragging it through the house is to keep them at the front..... lovely view from your sitting room window!!!! also called to get my bins during the week, green bins take about 4 weeks to be delivered..pain in the a**e i have millions of cardboard crap to go! no tv no bins no phone!!!aaahhhh

Deesy

agh. not good, not good.
do we have a chance to choose garbage collector? should we pay for the weight as all south area?

PaulaC

no its €8.50 i think for a normal sized black bin or you can opt for the small one if you don't have that much rubbish! and the green ones are free as afar as i know to encourage people to recycle. its not too bad its just a pain waiting for them!

PaulaC

yeah that's what i said and she said she would speak to her director but she doesn't think there will be anything else done it's up to him. can you imagine with our long windows looking out and seeing two big bins to look at!

dublin15_Pam

i know what a pretty sight it will be. I drove up yesterday and all ya can see is a big pile of rubbish outside some of the houses, dont know if thats from the owners in them houses or if its from the builders but talk about rat and mice invested. i'll be putting down major traps etc before i move in.

so can ya just imagine what type of vibe it would give off the neighbourhood wit a load of ugly bins outside our windows. i say it might end up that we are putting our bins in the apartments with lock and chain on our bins. :confused:

lets hope that the director comes up with something :D:D

PaulaC

yeah i rang fingal last week and had my black bin within two days at no charge, the green bin on the other hand takes a few weeks to come out. the apartments are paying about €1,000 for the extra privelige of bin collection!

dublin15_Pam

The bins are free of charge from fingal. but we are paying bin tags. we are paying 500 for nothing. Apartments are getting full maintanance also. if they are paying that bit extra for their bins provided. just what are we meant to be paying for :confused:

Phibbleberry

I think this is ridiculous too - it'll cost us at least an extra 500 a year to bin tag, so while apts are paying 1000, they're paying only 500 more than us, yet their 500 covers the external and shared internal walls maintained and their property are covered by buildings insurance, so they've really done far better out of the management fee than the houses

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge them, its the management company. After all, we have bigger mortgages to pay too - we pay more for our property and we're PENALISED for it....

GRRRRR...Don't get me started! :mad:

PaulaC

i know, i queried this wit my solicitor but was told if you dont pay , you don't get your keys and i was just so eagar to get in! but i wont be payin nxt year if there is no change in arrangements

Househunter123

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
surely if there collecting the bins for the appartments they can collect ours too :confused:

do we have the option to pay the extra €500 to get the bins housed and collected?

PaulaC

no, fraid not! i have no problem with getting bin tags, its just the situation of where to put it really

Deesy

I think need to find similar details from another management companies. friend of mine said they had 0 management fee at the begin (house) and it raised up to 200 euro per year now... but not 500!