rubbish collection

dublin15_Pam

The director of keenan company is away to next week. they said leave it withthem for the week and they will get back to us. they are sending out a detailed description over the next few weeks to us.

She is trying to help us the best she can and she asked to leave it with her until she can discuss it with the director and she will be in touch :)

ruthienurse

I think this is ridiculous too - it'll cost us at least an extra 500 a year to bin tag, so while apts are paying 1000, they're paying only 500 more than us, yet their 500 covers the external and shared internal walls maintained and their property are covered by buildings insurance, so they've really done far better out of the management fee than the houses

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge them, its the management company. After all, we have bigger mortgages to pay too - we pay more for our property and we're PENALISED for it....

GRRRRR...Don't get me started! :mad:
hey all,
I'm in an apartment and as far as ive been told our management fees are over 1000, more like 1200 - 1500, but they havent given us an exact figure yet...
I'm on the first floor, so I have a balcony, but the people on the ground floor dont - they get double doors and a bit of grass facing the bin compound.. so I can understand why they wouldnt want everyone elses bins in that area..
dont get me wrong I can see both sides of the argument here, but is bin collection not a mater of public health and safety - they'll have to provide you with some kind of acceptable service??? :confused:
normally in new housing estates the builders provide skips for the first month or two for all the waste and that from new appliances and furniture... has anyone asked the management company if they'll do this even to take the pressure of you guys for waste disposal until the creases in this mess are ironed out???
Or even if they'll let you use the apartment bins until the people in the apartments have moved in.. I know theres only one person living in my block at present and they've only moved in in the last day or two...

Zonko

No joy on the bins either, what day is it meant to be for collection? Also, does anyone know if there is a skip we can use? Generally in new developments they provide a skip of some sort.

PaulaC

i ordered my bin in jan got it within a week and they are collected every monday morning! its been in operation since jan! u have to ring fingal co co to order both bins..................still haven't received my green bin yet tho!
they don't provide a skip when bin collection is already in operation

Zonko

Thanks for that I'll keep an eye out.
On a different note, theres a guy up there doing floors etc.. you see his sign on the walls.. well avoid him like the plague - you'll regret hiring him

PaulaC

thanks for the warning! we put down our wooden floors ourselves and jus got my tiles down in the hall/kitchen/downstairs loo but he did it really well it looks great! if anyone wants his details i have his mobile number

PaulaC

it was 1400 for the lot including grout and adhesive. he picked up the tiles for me from right price aswell

dublin15_Shauna

Moderator (Phibblestown Wood)
thanks for the warning! we put down our wooden floors ourselves and jus got my tiles down in the hall/kitchen/downstairs loo but he did it really well it looks great! if anyone wants his details i have his mobile number
Hi Paula

Can i get his number..i have my tiles bought and i just need someone to put them down at a good price.

Thanks

Yvonne S.

Waste Mgt. Oxigen Green Bins Sent To Apts

Hi All
I arrived home yesterday afternoon to find a green recycling bin outside my door. I was a bit bewildered being an apartment owner and after paying considerable fees to cover waste management. Other apartments had bins outside also. I contacted the site office who did not want to get involved so i contacted Keenan. This delivery to apartment owners is an error and Grainne in Keenan is chasing Oxigen about this. Do not hold onto or use your bin as you will have to pay for it.
Regards
Yvonne S.

Yvonne S.

green bins

Hi
If my bin is not moved today I will leave it around the bin compound area. Good idea. maybe we should all do this.

Yvonne S.