I just want to make people aware of a serious incident with the electrics we just encountered. About a week ago I noticed a faint smell of burning in our hall. I assumed the lamp or something had overheated and thought nothing of it after the smell went. Then, yesterday I was connecting an electric shower and when I opened the fuse box to connect the cable I saw 4 or 5 wires burnt right back to the copper and the plastic on the board around them was burnt and melted! Because the fault was located on the neutral connections of the kitchen sockets the trip switch didn’t trip and the problem was gradually getting worse every time we used an appliance in the kitchen. After contacting Maplewood first thing this morning they sent an electrician within a couple of hours and he was able to tell me that the problem was a loose connection and we were very lucky to have spotted it as it could have caused a serious fire! Hopefully this was a once off fault but it might be worth everyones while to check under the cover of their fuse box.