Shower Pump in apartment - replace or repair??

SMcDDB

Hi,

I'm just wondering has anyone experienced any problems with the original shower pump in the apartments at Carrigmore Crescent? Lately, I have been having difficulties with the pump (makes noise and gives no pressure in the cold water taps but there is pressure in the hot taps) . I called a plumber in who said it needs complete replacement to the cost of €700+. He said it is a negative head pump 3.0bar and is expensive to replace, hence the price.

I would really appreciate any advise on this matter. Does every resident at Carrigmore Crescent have the same negative head pump or can I go for a positive head pump (the cheaper option)? Has anyone experienced problems with their shower pump and if so, how did you solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,

SMcDDB

carrigmore_gar

My pump had the same problem. I cleaned out the filters in the pump but still had an issue. Eventually gave in and called someone out.
It turned out i didnt put a small switch back in the same place when putting it back together. A small electrical part was changed as a precaution aswell. Fixed within 10 minutes. I think no matter what the problem you will be pushed towards replacing the pump. I have a number for the person who looks after the pumps. Repair cost about € 100