Supermarkets

dublin8_lynn

Can someone familiar with the area let me know where the handiest supermarket is? I heard that a Tesco is opening in Inchicore but no sign yet..

Uctoshocked

Can someone familiar with the area let me know where the handiest supermarket is? I heard that a Tesco is opening in Inchicore but no sign yet..
There's a Tesco in the Crumlin Shopping Centre - about a 5 minute drive away near the junction between the Sundrive Road and Crumlin Road. There's also a pretty big Eurospar in Inchicore

iamwhoiam

Tesco

Pretty decent Tesco in Ballyfermot.
Butcher just off the south Circular by the Bird Flannagans, over the hump back luas bridge. Palmerstown for ALdi and Lidl

ac1976

Superquinn

There is supposed to be a full sized Superquinn opening in the Heuston South Quarter development beside Heuston, as well as Starbucks.
this was in the irish times last weekend

dublin8_horse

Supermarkets + More

Supermarkets: Tesco and Dunnes located on the Crumlin Road (about 15-20 mins walk) and Superquinn located on Sundrive Road. There is a Lidyl or Aldi on the Longmile Road and one on Cork Street too.

Mini Markets: Spar in Kilmainham (SCR Hill) is the closest. There is a Tesco in Inchicore, but it's not great. Haven't been to the Spar in Inchicore, but it is much further than Kilmainham.

Household stuff: Try the Naas Road (Take a right at bluebell) for Homebase, Atlantic Homecare and a few others.

Other Useful Shops: Go to the SCR Hill in Kilmainham and you'll find laundrette and washeteria. There is a locksmith a little further up the street after the cross roads.

Breakfast Joints: The Hilton is not Great for food. Royal Hospital is OK for a coffee. IF you your gagging for Breakfast go to Sundrive Road for the nearest greasey spoon haunt. There is a place called "pickle" something or other that does nice grub, but it's only open till 2/3 on Saturday. Matt the Rashers is another spot.