Update - Maintenance of your Estate

I refer to previous posts regarding the upkeep and cleanliness of the Cityside/ Charlestown/ Lanesborough area, specifically the park around these estates.

I have attached a response received from Fingal County Council following representations I made on this issue (Please open attachment entitled 'Fingal Aug 8th'). I am pleased to note that part of this park will be taken in charge, which hopefully will lead to an improved standard of maintenance and greater security. I am also pleased to note that Chalestown will be taken in charge over the coming months.

I will continue to follow up on this matter, and I will post on this forum again as soon as I receive any further information from the Council.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in any local, national or personal matter.

Kindest Regards,

Noel Ahern TD,
Minister of State,
Dept of Transport
01 6040503/01 6782103

noelahern@transport.ie

dublin11_thestig

Moderator (Charlestown)
I refer to previous posts regarding the upkeep and cleanliness of the Cityside/ Charlestown/ Lanesborough area, specifically the park around these estates.

I have attached a response received from Fingal County Council following representations I made on this issue (Please open attachment entitled 'Fingal Aug 8th'). I am pleased to note that part of this park will be taken in charge, which hopefully will lead to an improved standard of maintenance and greater security. I am also pleased to note that Chalestown will be taken in charge over the coming months.

I will continue to follow up on this matter, and I will post on this forum again as soon as I receive any further information from the Council.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in any local, national or personal matter.

Kindest Regards,

Noel Ahern TD,
Minister of State,
Dept of Transport
01 6040503/01 6782103

noelahern@transport.ie
Dear Minister,

I appreciate the update you have provided regarding the upkeep of the Cityside/Charlestown/Lanesborough estates.

I am interested in the progress made so far by the council to take the Charlestown/Lanesborough/Cityside park in to their control as your colleague Cllr Darragh Butler has information that indicates a recent court ruling that ruled against the council in this matter. Has the situation changed? Also Roisin Shortall TD provided me with an update on the matter back in May 2008 and I'd like to know what, if any substantial progress has been made on this since May 2008.

Finally, can you outline what difference it will make to residents living in the Charlestown estate (and surrounding estates) when the council is put in charge of them, from a residents point of view.

Kindest regards,